Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Here is my first post of 2019! Happy new years! As I'm sure y'all know, I've been playing around with resins lately. Butt caps, filling in bug holes, that kinda stuff. This sling is all resin. :) I made a mold of a natty chalice I recently built using a method I learned from The King of Random on YouTube. After the mold was ready, I mixed the resin, making half in blue and the rest in red. I poured these separately so they'd mix or not as they saw fit. I then left it in my pressure pot overnight to get rid of bubbles. Next, I removed the imperfections left by the mold (it was my first time , give me a break :p ). I sanded to 320 and then had a clear coat applied, because I was too lazy to polish it. Lol. Finally, I built a base to display her, because I think it's just so danged purty! Also because I had a small hole in the handle from hanging it while the clear was sprayed and needed to do something with it. This is one of those builds I keep looking at and just can't believe it's something that I made. Can't wait to do more of this. Thanks for looking!

P.S. If anybody has a sling that they'd like me to make a custom resin replica of, p.m. me and let's see what we can work out. ;) I can get other colors as needed and really get creative with this stuff!

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
That is fantastic.

Should you ever want a design as a mould-master, hit me up. We can work something out. I have a few aces up my sleeve to convert 3D prints to resin masters. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts