Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Digging through a friend brush burn pile. Counted 30+ years of growth on the arms. Hard to tell since it looks like some drought years. Wood Gesture Finger Wood stain Trunk
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Tints and shades Tree
Wood Twig Hardwood Wood stain Plank
Wood Natural material Hardwood Wood stain Lumber

Took about 10 minutes to debark it but it got to dark to keep working. The smell is wonderful. It is like working a rock. Hopefully the cracks are not to deep.

Attachments

·
Ray Rowden
2,990 Posts
Looks like you picked a winner!

The cracks don't look like a problem in the photos.

If they are still apparent when you'r near the end of carving/shaping, mix some sanding dust, - kitchen cinnamon - with superglue or 5-minute epoxy and fill the crack!

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,206 Posts
Nice job on that.....my motto is " a crack is just an opportunity for inlay ", and inlay material choices abound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wood is talking to me. Can't figure out what is front or back. Plant Wood Tree Trunk Natural material
Plant Wood Natural material Grass Wood stain
Plant Wood Trunk Grass Tree

Sorry the forum keeps rotating my photos. The initial forks swept backward with the bulge in my hand seemed right, but the forks swept forward keeps talking to me.Is there any attachment method that could be used for both?

Attachments

·
Mojave Mo
5,318 Posts
I'll repeat what I've been taught here on the Forum! Forks Forward First. The exception is a 'straight wrist' shooter. If you seek to really understand that straight wrister them Google the Hare Splitter @ Flippin' Out Slingshots. I'm a fan because I see things backwards. In regards to band attachment that is a can of worms my friend! I hate to answer for fear I will start a STAMPEDE!! I'll whisper it then.....you don't need a band groove on either side of the fork tip says some. I put one on the Target Side and try to Wrap and Tuck like the famous Rufus Hussey Did!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.