Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

i hope the pure slickness on the finish comes through in pictures. To me it's hard to beat mother nature's finish.
I cut and stripped this fork the same day. Did some slow microwave drying, let it sit a day or two then proceeded with finishing. The only place a piece of sand paper has touched this is in the fork band grooves. It was pretty dang slick under the bark, but then i took a polished antler tine and burnished it all over.
i then applied a couple coats of tru oil, but honestly got tired of waiting on it to dry. So after the last coat dried i applied two thin coats of Minwax fast drying polyurethane. Then a coat johnsons paste wax.
For me, sand paper could never approach this finish while leaving all the character of the wood.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
That's a great finish on that natty. I'm gonna have to remember the order of what you put on there. Beautiful work!

Reactions: SS-NC

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,726 Posts
Very nice job, slick as glass.....when you burnished it, prob closed the pores of the wood to where the Tru-Oil couldn't soak in, and took longer than normal to dry, but looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts