Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Just joined. I'd appreciate some advice. I want to make my own natural from African hardwood (I live there) but whilst I'm searching for the seasoned chunk I want, would a fork cut from a 25 mm board of say mahogany be strong enough for Theraband gold if I keep the fork lengths short?
Second question; whilst I'm trying to get hold of Theraband or latex sheet thought I'd make something to play with using chained bands. Can chained bands be attached 'over the top' or would you recommend some other way?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

P.S Have been greatly inspired by Joerg and Geko -- great videos!

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
I personally would go with the Gypsy Tabs or resortera Mexican tie. I've tried going over-the-top with chains and it didn't work too well.

Please show us some pictures when you finish your African natural fork when you get it completed!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do. I'm thinking of mopane or wild olive root but it's not easy to find and I don't get into the veld as much as I did.

Thanks for the tips. I had seen your post on the gypsy tabs and I'll go that route (north country heritage).

Ciao

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.