Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put up the smallest target that you can see without straining your eyes. Pick a color you can FOCUS on and then get into your shooting stance and STARE a the target solely. Bring your slingshot up and when it aligns with the target, let It fly???????? It cost no more to AIM small, and the rewards are amazing.

Get a playing card, clamp it tightly on one end and secure it on a solid piece of (preferably something that minimizes return to sender????????‍♂) I prefer positioning the card hanging upside down. If you have watched Kalavela he positions his card upright.

Start with a shooting distance you are comfortable with????????
When you cut that first card ( and you will ????????) it's a feeling like no other????

This post is to encourage anyone to challenge themselves???? I'm trying to show people that not everyone is a great marksman, it's meant to be fun????????????

·
Premium Member
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am an expert on making mistakes‍♂. I started out shooting with an extremely talented MJ While Im just hoping to hit the backstop‍♂ Mj is hitting everything in sight Mj tells me that He and Jodi are putting on a slingshot tournament GrayWolf shows up and hits everything in sight When they say they grow them big in Texas, I didn’t realize they meant Bill Hays Then this gentleman pulls in from Chicago and [email protected]#% They grow them big up north Im like a kid in a candy store watching all these amazing shooters. Guys are lighting matches with a slingshot Well anyway, no pressure there‍♂ After an amazing time at the tournament,zi go home to start preparing myself for next year I was not disappointed, I still missed not only the target, I missed the whole catchbox ‍♂ I will tell you one thing, I got a little better( you know very little ) but at the same time all these other shooters got a lot better

·
Premium Member
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only way I can cut a card is to aim at the tip of the clamps. I can't wait to see your post when you cut your first card

·
Registered
935 Posts
You got good words and wishes during a difficult time. This sound fun. I agree it is supposed to be fun, sometimes I think myself and others get focused on hitting our targets. And when we dont we call it a bad shooting secession. but in reality any time you shoot were learning and should be grateful for being able to do what we love. Any day shooting or making is a good day( as long as we dont brake anything,including ourselves.)

never settle fr common

·
Premium Member
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very well said NSFC It’s like learning anything, for instance learning to ride a bike‍♂ This reminds me of when my childhood friend learned to ride his bike My friend takes off on his bike and is a little wobbly, but he gets control, we are all cheering him on and all of a sudden he looks back at us smiling for his accomplishment we are yelling at him which he takes as cheering him on‍♂ What we were trying to tell him is hes heading for the back of a parked car‍♂ Bam down he goes ‍♂ Yes, we laughed as we ran up to see if he was ok Thankfully he was, and he got up and away he went.

·
Premium Member
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I misquoted my accuracy level in a previous post, I couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn what I should have said was ( I couldn’t hit the inside of a barn)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.