Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried pseudo-tapered Chinese tubes several times over the years and never took to them. I couldn't get them to stay tied or they wore out really fast or I shot poorly with them or some combination of the above.
I made a set yesterday and shot them all evening and then this morning and I think I'm warming up to them. They're not slipping, not wearing out, and I'm shooting as well with them as I am with anything else right now.
The set is made is 2040, 7.25" active with a 3.5" looped section. Draw length is about 40" and draw weight feels like nothing but speed is very good with 3/8" steel. I'd guess 215 fps or so.
Never stop trying new things or retrying old ones!

Wood Grey Audio equipment Gas Security

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,191 Posts
I like them. 2040 Pseudo works great on 6mm steel as well. I use 1842 for 9,5mm.

I have come up with a workable tying method - I also had loads of slippages in the past.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Nice frame ;) I still prefer singles to pseudos at the moment, I think I need to find a more efficient way of tying a proper set of pseudos because it takes me a while. Glad you're liking it though!

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice frame ;) I still prefer singles to pseudos at the moment, I think I need to find a more efficient way of tying a proper set of pseudos because it takes me a while. Glad you're liking it though!
It is a fine frame, for sure!
Thanks again :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts