Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are some that you can get for 1-3$

Bag of small marbles @ dollar store (1$)

set of 6 fishing weights (2$)

ball bearings @ home depot (3$)

while they sell glass pack of 20 glass ammo 4 slingshot for 6$

·
Registered
87 Posts
Marbles (100 for $1.99) I just killed a squirrel with a marble from 30 yards out this morning.

Rubber balls (500+ for $11 with shipping on ebay) I use them for indoor shooting so I don't break anything

3/8 inch ball bearings (I can't recall the price, but they were cheap) Standard target ammo

Hex nuts (Cheap) Great for hunting and really shredding up targets due to their odd shape. But, they're hard to hold in the pouch

Rocks (Free) Even though they're free, I don't recommend you use them. They fly oddly and are sometimes light enough to cause damage to your bands.

As stated in the last section, ammunition that is too light for your bands WILL damage them. If you want as much band life as possible, you WILL refrain from using light ammo.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My next experiment might involve copying Joerg's bonecrushing ammo idea. That is cheap ammo. I am a little nervous about shooting jagged steel objects from a slingshot though. I prefer even ammo and ammo that doesn't richochet too bady i.e. lead balls.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I made a few bonecrushers, too. But, I was afraid of a catastrophic fork hit (The ammo was nearly as large as the fork itself) and forced myself to quit after just a few shots. Now, my friend who just started about a week ago has them in his garage, saving them for when he improves. It's a great peice of ammo to have, as long as you're not using a pocketshooter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Marbles (100 for $1.99) I just killed a squirrel with a marble from 30 yards out this morning.

Rubber balls (500+ for $11 with shipping on ebay) I use them for indoor shooting so I don't break anything

3/8 inch ball bearings (I can't recall the price, but they were cheap) Standard target ammo

Hex nuts (Cheap) Great for hunting and really shredding up targets due to their odd shape. But, they're hard to hold in the pouch

Rocks (Free) Even though they're free, I don't recommend you use them. They fly oddly and are sometimes light enough to cause damage to your bands.

As stated in the last section, ammunition that is too light for your bands WILL damage them. If you want as much band life as possible, you WILL refrain from using light ammo.
I searched for rubber balls on ebay but i couldn't find anything. what are these rubber balls called in german?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Dog food.. Cheap and biodegradable. It's not performance ammo but it works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts