Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started getting back into slingshot shooting, and thought I'd order a rubberised ABS clip-in OTT frame, with fiber-optics and a side torch from Ebay to test, expecting a poor item. Cost just over £4. Well, I am extremely impressed. A lot of frames that are sold that cheaply on Ebay are dangerous and nasty, but not this. Here are a couple of videos I made to demonstrate its features and performance :

P.S. It's wearing .66 GZK and shooting 8mm steel.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I bought a "abs resin"... sling off of eBay that has the round peg style forks for like $5 and has become one of my go to's. Sometimes you really get winners.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Jacoza Absolutely. It's good for everyday use, and it means that lots of people can get them. Also, they have fewer parts that can rust. I spent £60 on a PPMG, and even though design-wise I don't regret it, really a winner there, aluminium was not a fair metal to use for that kind of price at all, imo.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Tag Thank you. The success depends on the skill of the shooter, and not so much the slingshot. There are plenty who can outshoot those with specially designed frames, with homemade ones. With guns especially, and sometimes bows, there are setups that makes it pretty much impossible to miss the bull time and time again. The posh shotguns are another example of greed when it comes to aesthetics, and are pretty much there so that people can use them as an excuse to look down upon others. I have generally found so many friendly, co-operative and fair people in this slingshot field, more so, in my personal experience, than with the other shooting sports.

·
Neophyte
2,119 Posts
Totally agree with you guys. On many forums the statement that you don't know something is met with ridicule and trolling. Here it is met with information and pleasant sharing of experience that helps advance the awesome sport we all enjoy so much :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@raventree78 Absolutely, and it's never a rush for one person to be better than everyone else, but for us all to perform the best we can collectively.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts