Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Neophyte
2,119 Posts
Looks handy, do you have a link to the sale? Thanks :)

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,418 Posts
Yep, a very inexpensive frame yet a very darn good one when you do a little handy work on it. ... That frame will handle any elastic you can throw at it and it is not going to fail !

The camo tape on it makes it look nice for sure, nice job !

wll

·
4,418 Posts
Just noticed, your PC-M4 is like three of the ones I got in my last shipment, all my others from even a few years ago were like the ones on the left. The one on the right may be what they are making now. It is an exceptionally strong slingshot and a bit thicker frame than the original even. It has more of an ergo shape than the original also, making it a bit wider in the pocket.

For the $ spent, you got your self a great, great frame. I'm waiting on the rubber tubing for the forks and then I will do one up to see how it comes out. I'm sure it will be great.

Two%20Different%20Cheapos%20marked%20PC-

wll

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just noticed, your PC-M4 is like three of the ones I got in my last shipment, all my others from even a few years ago were like the ones on the left. The one on the right may be what they are making now. It is an exceptionally strong slingshot and a bit thicker frame than the original even. It has more of an ergo shape than the original also, making it a bit wider in the pocket.

For the $ spent, you got your self a great, great frame. I'm waiting on the rubber tubing for the forks and then I will do one up to see how it comes out. I'm sure it will be great.

Two%20Different%20Cheapos%20marked%20PC-

wll
Yeah, I like it. There is only one thing though I wish the gap was smaller. But the washers and screws they give you make for great gypsy tabs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
4,418 Posts
Here is my new version of the newer or different PC-M4. The original one is a bit more comfortable for me as it is has a smaller fork gap 1 3/4" vs 2" and is about a 1/2 inch longer, for me the original one fits a little better in the hand, but I have a medium hand size. The big ergo hump sort of pulls the sling away from full contact in my hand, but it still works, in a slightly bigger hand it may feel just right.

I will say that this thing is a sledgehammer strength wise, where the older one was a exceedingly strong and will handle any tubes that you could pull back for sure, the new one is all that and more. If you order a PC-M4 I'm sure you would be happy with either one.

The fork tubing on the newer ergo version is 1/4ID x 1/32 wall and 5/16OD. My 3/16" ID tube size that I use for my older models is just a bit to tight and the extra thickness of the wall made the sling a bit thicker then I wanted. I might add the only way to get this tubing on is to use dish soap and water as a lubricant inside the tube, after it dries the tubes are solid in place.

PCM4%20New%20sm.png

wll

·
Neophyte
2,119 Posts
I have also used plugs from the hard ware store, just have to make sure there is a snug fit :)

Reactions: dogcatchersito
1 - 16 of 16 Posts