Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, The name is Kameron thought I'd contribute an idea given to me by my Opa. The mould is quite simple consisting of only dry sand and a pencil (or something like it). All you do is push the pencil into the sand and pour lead into the void. Once the lead has cooled use snips to cut to the desired length.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Sounds really cool, and welcome to the forum. Any chance you and your Opa would like to do a bit of a tutorial on how you do it and post
it on the forum?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
That's a great idea, and I agree with the others, some pictures would turn this into a great diy tutorial.
I hate to sound like an idiot though, but where can i get lead and what's the best way to heat it up to a pourable temperature? I've never really paid much attention to lead,my only experience with it is with fishing sinkers.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
tire weights from an auto shop. Camping stove and a pot.check out utube vids.
I work at an auto shop.... don't know why I never thought of just taking the used ones home. Thanks I'll check it out, I didn't think a simple stove could get lead hot enough to melt.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
tire weights from an auto shop. Camping stove and a pot.check out utube vids.
I work at an auto shop.... don't know why I never thought of just taking the used ones home. Thanks I'll check it out, I didn't think a simple stove could get lead hot enough to melt.
[/quote]

make sure you do it out in the yard though and sit upwind of your leadpot.
sniffing lead fumes is the most efficient way to get lead poisoning outside of getting shot.

good luck, and remember to take pics ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts