Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Most likely we all would like to save a few dollars.

I am interested in securing less expensive ammo for myself and all that would be interested. Before I invest, a little feed back would be good. I am in the process of contacting suppliers. I have seen prices of $25 for appx. 1000 3/8 steel shot. I am hoping to do better than that for 3/8 (8-9.5mm) and possibly 1/4 (6mm).

Let me know of the size you are interested in if you reply.

I hope I haven't posted this improperly.

As of this time shipping outside the US is most likely not viable for good prices.

Hopefully a helpful Ray

·
Registered
803 Posts
That figures out at 3 - 1/2 cents a shot $0.035, or however you want to put it, I been usin 5/8 marbles from dollar tree stores, 100 of them for a dollar plus sales tax, they only weigh 85 grain, but theyr'e cheap.also
I use 3/8 hex nuts(get them at surplus or farm store,) for bout 1.6 cents and fill the center with scrap lead, the weigh 200 grains, heavy and do damage, fly good out to about 10-15 yards, then still not too bad (you buy them by the pound,) sometimes i even use 5/16 hex nuts, little cheaper, still work good.
Only thing is gotta be careful when seating in the pouch before you shoot, get it off center cause it's not round, and BINGO==>FORK HIT<==

One more thing; the $25 for 1000 3/8 steel shot was not including shipping. The shipping brought it to appx. $35

Ray

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know it's a very large amount of ammo but over at dankung.com you can get 300kg of 10mm(slightly larger than 3/8) ammo for $1436 shipped. At 245 shots per kg that would give you 73500 shots calculating out to $.0195 per shot if i did my math correctly. I'll bet you could negotiate a lower price with them too and maybe convince them to ship a smaller ammount.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts