Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ! .. a cheaper way to still enjoy the LBS!! :) birch ply is really tough stuff . Customizable LBS if you prefer a lanyard hole or partial grooves we can put them on !! $35 shipped to the states .. $45 anywhere else ! very comfortable compact frame .. LBS baby!
0e8c86237888798a22b9f6842572e7ad.jpg
c2017d8023a5e6b6e996f85d803696fb.jpg
7c663ea6551a4a054b1a69611f6c0337.jpg
0ae3ef348136b1787994f10398791b04.jpg
c36b51b8b9eae9745928eef1747c246a.jpg
1a8b9b4035318a0c54d65d70d2e24291.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Those look great Joey I like the partial band grooves and the layering of that ply makes a cool pattern. LBS's for everybody lol!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I was too busy admiring your LBS...forgot where I was

I sure wish I could own one, but I've tried with a compact frame I built for someone else, and I can't twist or tweak because of my pouch grip style...not properly anyway....and it's ok when I'm minding my form, but the second I forget, BAM a 5/8 marble right in the thumb....I imagine it wouldn't happen as much with 3/8 steel but it's kinda risky cause I rely on my guitar playing to pay the bills....
I like supporting other makers and I may end up wanting to buy one just as a shelf queen...when I can afford it...

MW

Sent from my B3-A40 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I sure wish I could own one, but I've tried with a compact frame I built for someone else, and I can't twist or tweak because of my pouch grip style...not properly anyway....and it's ok when I'm minding my form, but the second I forget, BAM a 5/8 marble right in the thumb....I imagine it wouldn't happen as much with 3/8 steel but it's kinda risky cause I rely on my guitar playing to pay the bills....
I like supporting other makers and I may end up wanting to buy one just as a shelf queen...when I can afford it...

MW

Thanks for the support buddy ! .. and let me know when you wanna grab one ! .. If u get a g10 LBS I will also toss in a birch LBS in with it ! .. it's all about pouch release .. I actually shoot through the forks with the LBS .. i used a slo mo camera to verify ... if the pouch release is even the ball will travel through the small gap ... now .. when i shoot marbles i hold the ball .. and of course there is not much room for a marble to pass through the small gap .. but the thumb naturally bumps the marble over the forks/hand .. I assume your grip wouldnt allow this technique either would it bro ?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

MW

Thanks for the support buddy ! .. and let me know when you wanna grab one ! .. If u get a g10 LBS I will also toss in a birch LBS in with it ! .. it's all about pouch release .. I actually shoot through the forks with the LBS .. i used a slo mo camera to verify ... if the pouch release is even the ball will travel through the small gap ... now .. when i shoot marbles i hold the ball .. and of course there is not much room for a marble to pass through the small gap .. but the thumb naturally bumps the marble over the forks/hand .. I assume your grip wouldnt allow this technique either would it bro ?

Nope....I grip between my index and middle finger...like an archery grip....I've tried to tweak, but without the thumb it's hard to control....

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

MW

And I'd definitely want a G10....I got more than enough birch ply frames....I'm working that shit everyday....lol...good material, but I like something unique and interesting...I only have one g10 shooter and that's my brass core SPS

·
Registered
4,105 Posts

MW

And I'd definitely want a G10....I got more than enough birch ply frames....I'm working that **** everyday....lol...good material, but I like something unique and interesting...I only have one g10 shooter and that's my brass core SPS

Not to dive in here fellas, but I'm using zero tweak with my LBS and I've had no frame hits and only one graze the back of my hand and I do mean graze. I had a couple drinks and got too loose with my form - but that's just pilot error lol. With neither tubes nor flats do I tweak or twist at all. As Joey said gripping the ball instead of the pouch you can feel the shot sort of 'climb' out of your release - if you get what I mean.

Needless to say I'm as huge believer in this frame, it's frankly all I would need to take food and happily plink for the rest of my days lol. Sure there are other options, but none fit the bill of all three of my requirements like the LBS:

- Shooting versatility (fine with tubes/flats, instinctive, aimed, rapid fire etc.)
- Bandset versatility (takes tubes as well as flats and any strength or combo of the two i.e. cocktails for me )
- Compact and pocketable (& still comfy to shoot)
- Extremely durable & attractive

Compared to any other frame in its class nothing else meets all 4 of those criteria like the LBS. Jellybean? Bigger. OPFS/PFS? Wicked, but much harder to master & not ideal for hunting. Kestrel? Compact, but not nearly as comfortable to shoot IMO.

Sorry for the rant lol, but I would do commercials for this frame haha. Cheers on creating a lasting classic Joey! :)
ae3bad7064d40c3b53201cf0a1a52850.jpg

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

MW

And I'd definitely want a G10....I got more than enough birch ply frames....I'm working that **** everyday....lol...good material, but I like something unique and interesting...I only have one g10 shooter and that's my brass core SPS

Not to dive in here fellas, but I'm using zero tweak with my LBS and I've had no frame hits and only one graze the back of my hand and I do mean graze. I had a couple drinks and got too loose with my form - but that's just pilot error lol. With neither tubes nor flats do I tweak or twist at all. As Joey said gripping the ball instead of the pouch you can feel the shot sort of 'climb' out of your release - if you get what I mean.

Needless to say I'm as huge believer in this frame, it's frankly all I would need to take food and happily plink for the rest of my days lol. Sure there are other options, but none fit the bill of all three of my requirements like the LBS:

- Shooting versatility (fine with tubes/flats, instinctive, aimed, rapid fire etc.)
- Bandset versatility (takes tubes as well as flats and any strength or combo of the two i.e. cocktails for me )

Compared to any other frame in its class nothing else meets all 4 of those criteria like the LBS. Jellybean? Bigger. OPFS/PFS? Wicked, but much harder to master & not ideal for hunting. Kestrel? Compact, but not nearly as comfortable to shoot IMO.

Sorry for the rant lol, but I would do commercials for this frame haha. Cheers on creating a lasting classic Joey! :)

I know what you mean...and I only grip the ball of my ammo, never the pouch...I only use the term pouch grip because it's what most people say...
My issue is that I have an injured thumb already and I play guitar for a living, so me taking any chances at all isn't really smart....which is why I stick to medium sized frames....
I was doing fine with the "Li'l Savage" frame until I forgot to focus on perfect form for a split second, and by that time the marble had already been launched off of my thumb.....I enjoy shooting but not sure if I want to take the risk of possibly ending my music career....it's not much of a career, but it pays the bills...

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I don't grip the ball...don't think I tweak ( but I shoot tiny pfses often so I may be slightly & subconsciously tweak a bit)... only use a quarter twist or less as I cant cant about 20 or 25 degrees toward starboard/rightward and use my thumb in the down position.
Never even thought about a hand or fork hit with my LBS.

Knocking on wood right now!

Gotta a backup birch ply LBS coming. I have one that looks like yours BPChef, my pfs and LBS bro.

But Mi'kmaq Warrior, I can only play a radio and understand about protecting my/your hands...and eyes. All my loves and hobbies require my eyes and hand.

PS- I have not forgotten I promised you some hickory. I will get to it some day. I will through in a phatty flip co-designed (mostly Mo did the work, I was just a sounding board)by Me and Mojave Mo based on SS Deadringer. A phatty is a foregrip that aids in flipping the slingshot or in my case tilting it forward.

Not to start a heated debated- but 2 schools of thought are Dgui & Charles Morgan style (heavily paraphrased by me here)... flipping active instintive shooting like Darrell Gui. or the twisted tweaking of C. Morgan a.k.a. the Speed Bumb. Both work alone and in cooperation with each other (or both at the same time). I have frozen joints and look kind of like a Neanderthal meets Dr. Frankenstein's monster. But a slight twist and speed bump is my way with forward leaning forks ( I cannot flip like Darrell, but he says clearly every shooter has to find what works for themselves).

Also I think MJ- made the first (or coined the term) gapper, a narrow fork gap similar to a pfs. I consider the LBS to be a gapper. A little more forgiving on form and release than a pfs.

So I had no idea I was going to type so much but the wheels were turning on this topic. In summation, compacts are not for everyone... but I think everyone should have one in their kit. I also support those loose cannon bareback frameless shooters. I admire their skills and do not possess their love or skill sets. I can at best do a bareback pfs shot over my thumb. I do not share this for fear that a novice will try it and get flop-hand syndrome or slinger's thumb.

Great thread.

PS- BPChef, it is like we are the same mind when it comes to the desired qualities in a flip. That needs to be stickied or something...I also dig bulleted points in texts. Haha...

JFive you should copy that text and use it to describe the LBS on Fb. Congratulations on your design... LBS all the way to Malaysia! And seems like those German slingers really have a love of it, too.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

MW

I know what you mean...and I only grip the ball of my ammo, never the pouch...I only use the term pouch grip because it's what most people say...
My issue is that I have an injured thumb already and I play guitar for a living, so me taking any chances at all isn't really smart....which is why I stick to medium sized frames....
I was doing fine with the "Li'l Savage" frame until I forgot to focus on perfect form for a split second, and by that time the marble had already been launched off of my thumb.....I enjoy shooting but not sure if I want to take the risk of possibly ending my music career....it's not much of a career, but it pays the bills...

I hear that man .. if I played the guitar for a living .. I would shoot a huge a ss natural fork ! Lol .. not worth the risk for sure

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

MW

Thanks man ! Means alot !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts