Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not that one... I did get this one:

Toy Art Font Plastic Tail

I think the hold of it might be preferable. It was $4.37 on Aliexpress though so a pretty tough decision. Not really tough. They have huge shipping charges for 2 units so I buy one at a time. Then go the vendor's store and buy one of the other item they have at a similar price and that looks identical, but has a different part number.

Attachments

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have a spare if you're interested in trying one out!

Not my favorite pattern, I think I've brought it up with you before. The rounded handle butt doesn't lock in my hand very well and the fork arms are a little too slender and rounded for a solid grip. I think I'd like it better after a liberal application of my hockey tape treatment, as well as a lanyard cinched about the waist.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Thanks for the details Dan. I remember you sending a pic of yours before. It's a very different frame that caught my eye for some reason. Now that you mentioned it, I can see how the rounded forks could be challenging to hold without slippage.

Ridge Runner... I already have one of those slick little ABS resin pincher frames. I removed the sights and taped a chunk of foam rubber on the handle. It feels great to shoot and is one of my most accurate frames with 1/4" steel. I have to figure out how to make the belly bump look better. Maybe it needs a short wrap. I also have a resin Feihu hybrid with a hook handle. Too bad I can't shoot the hook-handle the way the young guy does on the lighters. I must have the wrong bands on mine...lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I received one of these from Dankung as a "present", along with another slingshot I ordered last year, and did a review of it (link below).

I'm not sure I like those "nail head" forks too much (attaching bands is a bit of a chore), but the design is indeed very ergonomic and fits inside the hand very well for accurate results.

Here is my video review:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts