Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, we did Xmas early (family won't be here tomorrow), and I got a decent gift card to amazon. I'm trying to choose between the scout, and the rambone.

I've seen videos and I've heard/seen good things about both, so I want to hear about it from you experts.

Tell me what you think. If you had to choose one, which one and why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go with the Scout or the Scout Lite. Both are more versatile and forgiving. The low forks on the Rambone are not really for newer shooters, also 'Bones like heavy ammo and slap pretty bad when they don't get it.
Thanks, I love the look of the rambone, but was worried a bit about that.... Jeorge being a beast and all. I'd love the lt just for the changeable palm swells... guess I'll have to work up to all three, but I think I'll take the scout for now since they don't offer the lt on Amazon yet

·
Amateur
2,576 Posts
Yeah I'll have to say scout as well since it's able to be configured just about any way possible... Tubes or flats. Clips or tie on. Ott or ttf. Pinch or hammer or thumb support. Etc, etc... Figure out what works best and is comfortable for you and go from there.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Two very different slingshots.

The Scout is versatile and can be shot w/ different grip styles (hammer, pinch, thumb support), different bands (flats or light tubes), attachment methods (clips or wrap & tuck) and band configurations, OTT or TTF. Nathan has a video demonstrating shaping the grip with rasps, if you want to customize it for your hand.

The Rambone 2.0 is strictly hammer grip, OTT. As mentioned, it seems to like heavy ammo. Also, the supplied clips require an impossibly small metric allen wrench. I replaced mine with some screws so that I did not have to worry about losing the wrench. You can also wrap and tuck, which I prefer in any event.

After trying all the various iterations, I am a confirmed OTT hammer grip shooter. I also prefer larger and heavier ammo when I shoot outdoors. Thus the Rambone works well for me. Unless you have settled on hammer grip, OTT and heavier ammo, I would go with the Scout.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got to spend considerable time shooting over the holidays and I have to say that the Scout LT is a fine slingshot. Hard to go wrong and especially at the price point.

Yeah, I chose the scout. I love the look of the rambone, but the changeability of the scout won.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I got to spend considerable time shooting over the holidays and I have to say that the Scout LT is a fine slingshot. Hard to go wrong and especially at the price point.

Yeah, I chose the scout. I love the look of the rambone, but the changeability of the scout won.

The good news is, Slingshot's are relatively inexpensive. You can get a whole armload of them and try them all. Good choice for your first, though!

Good luck!

Mark

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.