Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an old Marksman slingshot that I haven't used since I was a kid.

It has no rubber tube on it and while I went on eBay I saw so many tube diameters and I have no clue on how to choose the right size tube for it.. My fork's diameter is 1/4".

Which tube should I get for it?

thnx

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I like the small latex tubes from Simple Shot. They will slip on the forks with a little alcohol as lubricant. You can buy 10 feet of tubing for the price of one pre made set and they have a much lighter draw weight.

·
OldMiser
3,543 Posts
you can put flat bands on the wire frame....look in the modified section too see who it is done..I also have a video there..

plus check out U-Tube on attaching flat bands too wire frame.....

akaOldmiser

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the small latex tubes from Simple Shot. They will slip on the forks with a little alcohol as lubricant. You can buy 10 feet of tubing for the price of one pre made set and they have a much lighter draw weight.
I googled it (https://simple-shot.com/vip/dipped-latex-tube-sampler/) and seems like they have 4 sizes:

• Extra Small Diameter: Extra Small diameter: .062" ID/.125" OD x .031" wall thickness- black only

• Small diameter: .125" ID/.187"OD x .031" wall thickness- black and amber

• Medium diameter: .125"ID/.218"OD x .047" wall thickness- amber

• Large Diameter: .125"ID/ .250"OD x .062 wall thickness- black and amber

Are you sure the Small one (ID 0.125") would fit a 1/4" fork?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I can't say stretching a .125" ID tube over a .250" OD wire will work because I have never tried it. IMHO, it seems to be stretching the rubber a bit far. However, here is what I am using on my TrueMark SS. Got some Stretching tune from my chiropractor and they work great. OD is .3125", ID .1875", and thickness .062".

I still consider myself a novice and not the expert. Most likely someone on the forum would have more accurate information. Below are a couple of pictures.

493f3d5c10ae62837fd40208ddf7e086.jpg

1773d23ea7cca5aabc4f96e0e666c3dd.jpg

Hope this helps.

YS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can't say stretching a .125" ID tube over a .250" OD wire will work because I have never tried it. IMHO, it seems to be stretching the rubber a bit far. However, here is what I am using on my TrueMark SS. Got some Stretching tune from my chiropractor and they work great. OD is .3125", ID .1875", and thickness .062".

I still consider myself a novice and not the expert. Most likely someone on the forum would have more accurate information. Below are a couple of pictures.

493f3d5c10ae62837fd40208ddf7e086.jpg

1773d23ea7cca5aabc4f96e0e666c3dd.jpg

Hope this helps.

YS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Sam

Is the TruMark SS's fork also 1/4" thick steel?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I googled it (https://simple-shot.com/vip/dipped-latex-tube-sampler/) and seems like they have 4 sizes:

• Extra Small Diameter: Extra Small diameter: .062" ID/.125" OD x .031" wall thickness- black only

Yes they will fit over 1/4" rod easily. Just use a little alcohol for lubricant. Let the alcohol evaporate before shooting. They have a much thinner O.D. than the True Mark or Daisy tubes. Thinner tubes will retract much faster than the True Mark or Daisy tubes. The small tubes are good for ammo up to 3/8" steel (depending on your draw length). I draw about 50" and the 3/8" has a very flat trajectory at 33'. If using a shorter draw I would use 5/16" steel.

If you are hesitant about ordering some (I think the minimum is 10') send me a PM with your address and i will send some for you to try.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

Yes they will fit over 1/4" rod easily. Just use a little alcohol for lubricant. Let the alcohol evaporate before shooting. They have a much thinner O.D. than the True Mark or Daisy tubes. Thinner tubes will retract much faster than the True Mark or Daisy tubes. The small tubes are good for ammo up to 3/8" steel (depending on your draw length). I draw about 50" and the 3/8" has a very flat trajectory at 33'. If using a shorter draw I would use 5/16" steel.
If you are hesitant about ordering some (I think the minimum is 10') send me a PM with your address and i will send some for you to try.
Here is a photo of Simple Shot small latex tubing on a Burnett Strike Nine. The rod is 1/4".

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks, you rock!

All of you guys rock!

I already ordered 2 different sizes from China via eBay. It was pretty cheap and I believe at least one would be a good place to start. When I'll get better I'll buy a better brand I guess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts