Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the mailbox today and Holy Cow!! Got these two beauties from our friend Island Made. I’ve seen all the former posts and pictures but when I opened this box, my jaw just dropped! The fit and finish work on these is phenomenal. Shane is like Joey only with metal. Some awesome attention to detail. They’re a great size and a nice heft. So I couldn’t decide if I wanted brass forks or aluminum so he gave me both. Awesome job and thank you my friend!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Thanks for the kind words my friend!! I'm am so glad you like them. I hope they serve you well for a very long time. Means so much to have you shoot them and enjoy them.

I will be repaying you for a long time for what you sent me.

Thanks again Joe.

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Indeed. The tolerances on those Island Made slings would burst my brain. Zero room for error on those babies made with that voodoo magic of metal. On my own slingmakery I actually require a legitimate and obvious blemish to keep the SlingGods at peace with my efforts!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,453 Posts
Hit the mailbox today and Holy Cow!! Got these two beauties from our friend Island Made. I've seen all the former posts and pictures but when I opened this box, my jaw just dropped! The fit and finish work on these is phenomenal. Shane is like Joey only with metal. Some awesome attention to detail. They're a great size and a nice heft. So I couldn't decide if I wanted brass forks or aluminum so he gave me both. Awesome job and thank you my friend!!
Couldn't agree more with your comment and compliments about Shane and Joey....two of the finest sling makers on this here forum. I have maybe one of the first trades with Shane and got two LBS frames in the works with Joey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Hit the mailbox today and Holy Cow!! Got these two beauties from our friend Island Made. I've seen all the former posts and pictures but when I opened this box, my jaw just dropped! The fit and finish work on these is phenomenal. Shane is like Joey only with metal. Some awesome attention to detail. They're a great size and a nice heft. So I couldn't decide if I wanted brass forks or aluminum so he gave me both. Awesome job and thank you my friend!!
Couldn't agree more with your comment and compliments about Shane and Joey....two of the finest sling makers on this here forum. I have maybe one of the first trades with Shane and got two LBS frames in the works with Joey
Thanks for the words my friend. I'm honoured so much. I Would like to get one of these off to you soon. And yes, you have the very first frame I've ever mailed out :)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Thanks for the words my friend. I'm honoured so much. I Would like to get one of these off to you soon. And yes, you have the very first frame I've ever mailed out :)
Dang it guys, I thought I was the first! I don't even want to know if I wasn't the second! :neener:

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Dang it guys, I thought I was the first! I don't even want to know if I wasn't the second! :neener:
Haha sorry Steve :) you most definitely were the second. And you were the reason the thumper came to existence, so don't feel bad, everyone who has a thumper has you to thank!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts