Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a long time in coming, and me like every other guy up north, kept putting it off till next year-well now we just went and got one and treated ourself. A new Snowblower to wage war on the white stuff! ( Now watch ,we won't get any big snow!). Anyway, I think I shoveled enough for 57 years, the back just kept complaining! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!! As the picture shows, I'm also ready for any Icicles-short or long range that may show up. Staged a ittkle set-up for my new toy ( had to make room for her) Headlights, heated handle bars,6 speeds-lets rock!!!!
Flatband

http://www.glowfoto.com/viewimage.php?srv=img6&y=2010&m=12&t=jpg&img=19-103214L&rand=7797&zoom=yes

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Good for you. That should do miracles for your back. I'm a bit old-school and favour using hand tools when possible but there are times when both circumstance and common sense dictate the use of something a little more heavy-duty.

Glad to see you got it and now I'm sure all the neighbor will be VERY good friends.....

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Gary, I bought a monster years ago after a particularly bad winter and never started it up for four years. Then when I needed it the dam drive belt broke and I had to shovel anyway. Still in the shed with the broken belt. I now use my age as an excuse to get my son and grandson to do most of the work. No maintanance and real cheap. Hope all came out well with your tests. Merry Christmas Bud.
Philly

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
My father in law just bought a craftsman that looks identical to that except it's black, heated handles and all, I got to use it last weekend when we got 20" and it was really nice.

On a side note, when my father in law got his i was handed down his 1980 Toro that wasn't working. After i rebuilt the carb and ordered a missing part it is running really well, just in time for the 8" we are getting today.

Congrats on the new toy!

·
Super Moderator
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man, I'm glad I bought my Snowblower when I did, we are getting blasted in the NY Metro area tonight. They're saying possibly 18 or more inches when it's all said and done. The wind is unreal. Glad I'm off this week (although I may have to go in for some double OT Snow Removal-(Yeah!). The Baptism of the Machine will commence in the morning!
Flatband

·
Registered
606 Posts
Amazing machine Gary, just make sure your little dogs are not about when you fire that beast up.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Good thing you got it when you did this snow is killing me, With the fall and trhe blowing I'm having a heck of a time just keeping the area around the doors clear...

·
Super Moderator
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man, that was some kind of Snow Storm! Wind up to 50 MPH, snow accumulations of over 32"s in some spots-Glad I had my new Buddy! She performed great! I did the street and three neighbors driveways. One of the neighbors said " Did you have ESP or something"? I tell ya, It's a whole lot better then shoveling that's for sure!
Flatband

·
Super Moderator
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man, this thing paid for itself already! We had another 12 inches of snow last night. School was closed but we still had to go in and clean up everything. I did my driveway and three neighbors driveways also before I went to work and cleaned that mess up. This machine just eats this stuff up. Plenty of power. I'm very glad I finally listened to my wife (and my back!) and bought it. Tired now but not done yet, time to cut some band sets for orders that came in and put the finishing touches on a few frames. This is the fun work though! Love it! Flatband

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey Flatband, How's that Snow Removal Unit working out? I'm psyching myself up to go out this morning and do the driveway...Minus 4 and holding. I told the wife that we are moving to New Mexico!!

·
Super Moderator
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Boy Lobo, I timed the purchase of this thing perfectly! We just got hit with another 18 inches. I can't remember a winter with a heavier snow fall-and it's not even February!!!! Another big one on the long forecast for mid next week-yikes!!!! Flatband

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
...One of the neighbors said " Did you have ESP or something"?
What they were really asking is if you knew where to purchase an EPS...
They just got tongue tied.

Seriously...

We have been receiving snow on a weekly basis, nothing like what New England has been getting, but everything equals out. Hopefully, that portion of the cycle stays away for another decade or so, But I'm tired of winter. We are getting a clipper move through the area tonight, and we will most likely get called in around 9 or 10 tonight. Then another weak system tomorrow night.
I'm really looking forward to Spring.

Glad the new machine is working out for ya Gary.

We rewarded ourselves with a new wood burning stove, and have been heating with it for the past 2 weeks. It's the warmest the house has been for 15 years. I can't wait to receive our next electric bill to see what the difference is. I've heard that the electric company will call us reminding us that stealing electricity is illegal, and that they will also come out and change the meter on our house after they see that we're not using as much electricity. it will be fun to see the events transpire.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Boy Lobo, I timed the purchase of this thing perfectly! We just got hit with another 18 inches. I can't remember a winter with a heavier snow fall-and it's not even February!!!! Another big one on the long forecast for mid next week-yikes!!!! Flatband
I hear you on that one Gary!! I live in the Fingerlakes Region (Ithaca area) and I am positive that you have gotten more snowfall down there than us. I have only gotten my snow blower out twice so far this season...Not that I'm complaining or anything.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.