Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That cutting mat was toast anyway. I'd like to see more of that beautiful Mule ... one of your builds?
Man that will be a glorious day if I pull something like this out of my bench! This is an actual Toddy Mule that I traded for right here on the Forum! I did pull out the small tools after I discovered that Toddy free-handed his templates then worked out any mistakes along the way. In the case one fork tip was about a skinny 1/8th wider than the other and that messed with my equilibrium.
The wood is outstanding from the git but it did need a rub down with some Orange Oil and Wax followed by a hard buffing to set it in. I have been facinated by the Toddy Snare-N-Wrap since the Old Miser (R.I.P) shared it with me. With that I drilled the required holes through the fork tips and she has been a peach ever since!
3851ccdae5836b2b24d86a8823c350fa.jpg
6da4a81e952ebb288b50143bdfae6392.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
Wonderful mule and pen.

I, too, admire that Toddy's design and makery. I never quite mastered Old Miser's Snare-N-Tuck attachment (I miss discussing food, flips, and life with him.).

Maybe you could share a few pics of the Snare-N-Tuck on this Mule... me and Alfred E. could be indulgent with more Mule pics anyway.

Merry Christmas, Moses.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Mojave Mo
5,397 Posts
Wonderful mule and pen.

I, too, admire that Toddy's design and makery. I never quite mastered Old Miser's Snare-N-Tuck attachment (I miss discussing food, flips, and life with him.).

Maybe you could share a few pics of the Snare-N-Tuck on this Mule... me and Alfred E. could be indulgent with more Mule pics anyway.

Merry Christmas, Moses.
Thanks for sharing.
Hey Pat! I'll do you one better.... try not to shed a tear okay?

·
aka CYBORG
1,940 Posts
Wonderful mule and pen.

Merry Christmas, Moses.
Thanks for sharing.

Thx Mo, I'd forgotten that video - haunting to hear his voice. I still haven't deleted his chain of PMs or vitals from my contacts.

BTW, I was the one who gave him the new SPS ... he loved it and thanked me a thousand times, but near the end, gave it away. :iono:

·
Mojave Mo
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wonderful mule and pen.

Merry Christmas, Moses.
Thanks for sharing.

Thx Mo, I'd forgotten that video - haunting to hear his voice. I still haven't deleted his chain of PMs or vitals from my contacts.
BTW, I was the one who gave him the new SPS ... he loved it and thanked me a thousand times, but near the end, gave it away. :iono:
Indeed. You and many others were tight with Roger for years and made his life full of purpose. He adopted me in the last months of his journey with a goal of helping me be a better person and possibly a better shooter. He was a good soul. Didn't he shoot nothing but that Mule everyday and for two years? And something like 200 shots a day?

·
aka CYBORG
1,940 Posts
Wonderful mule and pen.

Merry Christmas, Moses.
Thanks for sharing.

Indeed. You and many others were tight with Roger for years and made his life full of purpose. He adopted me in the last months of his journey with a goal of helping me be a better person and possibly a better shooter. He was a good soul. Didn't he shoot nothing but that Mule everyday and for two years? And something like 200 shots a day?

Yep, in his drafty one room apartment with a heavy blanket draped over the new Harley to protect it. He'd plink for 10-15 minute intervals all day long in between canning food, cooking, and brewing beer. At night he'd fall asleep in his hammock watching old westerns on a laptop. The end was listed as 'natural causes'... he mentioned a couple of blackouts and falling off his bicycle, laying in the snow and not being able to get up for several minutes. One of his last PMs said he just wanted to sleep all the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.