Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a set of slingshots for my uncles and cousin. I wanted the set to be special, so my uncle and his son got frames made of bamboo core with bocote handle scales my other uncle got bamboo core with a redwood burl handle scales. I set them up with light weight target bands and gave them 500 rounds of 3/8" steel each. I can only hope that they get the shooting bug as bad as i have. They were fun to make. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
Beautiful slingshots. I gotta start spending more time when I make mine. A bigger selection of wood would help me a lot. I should get some more.

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
Those are incredible gifts, I think we know who their favorite relative is now!

If you give a mouse a cookie. He's going to ask for a glass of milk:
I have a feeling you may have just set yourself up for this situation.....there is nothing stopping them from contracting the disease, and then they'll beg for more frames and ammo. O well, it's a good thing you had fun making them.

I love laminates, and it's even better when it's a palm swell, that way the beauty the core is still displayed.
You are an excellent craftsman, Flip......keep it up

Take Care - John

p.s. I just did a little ancestry/family tree research and it seems we are distantly related......?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.