Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Andrew Axsom
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently looking for a chronograph to use with slingshots and I'm curious about what models others use. I've found several models for $150 or less which is about the price range I prefer to stay in. I don't care as much about bells and whistles as I do about accuracy and dependability. Does anyone have a recommendation that meets these criteria?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
i got a cheap one from slingshootn.com, and its been great 58 dollars if you spend a bit more say a roll of rubber postage is close to free. i wouldnt recommend spending to much on a chrony, the amount of blokes on the forum that are onto there 3rd lol is unreal i still got the first one, just dont shoot the bloody thing and it will last a long time cheers

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I have the caldwell and it works well. I would have gone for the budget options but worried about the quality. Glad it worked out well for others on here.
I will say this... Get a tripod, it is a royal pain in the arse trying to position the chrony at a suitable height for comfortable shooting without one.
You can get the Caldwell unit alone for less, but the kit gives you everything you need. Tripod, light kit and portable power pack for lights, all in a carrying case.

·
Super Moderator
2,648 Posts
Thats the one I have. I love it although I was never able to get the smartphone app to jive with it.
I still have never tried the app on mine either, but I got the Caldwell kit also. But if you buy one used, you need to check the year because they did have a recall a few years ago. If you buy a new one there's no worries. It took a while to learn how to not get errors on mine, but using it outdoors in good sunlight works fine. I still get the occasional error but as with anything, learning is part of the fun.
Here's mine in operation just after I got it. Had a bunch of errors, but these days it's smooth sailing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts