Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
aka CYBORG
1,940 Posts
I found an ammo storage system that works well and placates my OCD. I was using mostly 4 inch mechanics' magnetic stainless bowls, but they can be a brain pain - and fiddly to cover or stack.

Walmart sells 3-paks of plastic Ziploc one pint jars with lids that lock in about a 1/4 turn ... for CHEAP. Easy one hand pickup, no spill. very sturdy - not flimsy. Typed labels in Google Docs and Scotch taped them on.

My bulk storage is in a plastic tub on a small caster rack and the Ziplocs stack nicely in a banker box with safety glasses, etc. on top.

Isn't that special! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
850 Posts
A good start, but.....

I think that you forgot to date them so that you can rotate your stock and maintain freshness. Also, I did not see any silica gel packs or hermitic seals.

·
aka CYBORG
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A good start, but.....

I think that you forgot to date them so that you can rotate your stock and maintain freshness. Also, I did not see any silica gel packs or hermitic seals.
A bridge too far ... I shoot, not eat it. :)

·
aka CYBORG
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's nice to be neatly organized (I hear) but I could not help noticing that you don't have an ammo count on any. ;)
Dang, can't get anything past the Flipster. I was hoping no one would mention that glaring deficiency.

·
aka CYBORG
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice storage set up! Is it safe to assume they are stored in the box in alphabetical order according to the labels? :thumbsup:
Thx Grampa Jake. All I'll say is ASSUME NOTHING! Besides, I would never admit to that. :)

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
It's nice to be neatly organized (I hear) but I could not help noticing that you don't have an ammo count on any. ;)
Dang, can't get anything past the Flipster. I was hoping no one would mention that glaring deficiency.
NO Problemo Alfred...Just count out 100 of each size, weigh it and from then on just divide by 100 the bulk weight....I think....

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Those are awesome containers you found. I lived in a van and travel the country for several years and I only used those containers for All Storage since they all use the same lid and they were actually very sturdy. I have one of those containers that I use to make my oatmeal with every morning for 6 years and the thing is Still rocking when I use my van for camping now.

I use Gatorade bottles to hold my ammo.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I found an ammo storage system that works well and placates my OCD. I was using mostly 4 inch mechanics' magnetic stainless bowls, but they can be a brain pain - and fiddly to cover or stack.

Walmart sells 3-paks of plastic Ziploc one pint jars with lids that lock in about a 1/4 turn ... for CHEAP. Easy one hand pickup, no spill. very sturdy - not flimsy. Typed labels in Google Docs and Scotch taped them on.

My bulk storage is in a plastic tub on a small caster rack and the Ziplocs stack nicely in a banker box with safety glasses, etc. on top.

Isn't that special! ;)
Strange time of year to be making fun of Church or the ladies that attend. :shakehead:

·
aka CYBORG
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Isn't that special! ;)
Strange time of year to be making fun of Church or the ladies that attend. :shakehead:
You're right. Actually, there's no good time of year to be clueless. Merry Christmas!

Reactions: Winnie
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.