Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I acquired A LOT of 3/8” clay ammo.
I don’t see me going thru all of this super quickly. I’m sitting here with the ammo and was wondering how to keep it all stored so as to not have it absorb moisture.
Should I not be concerned and just throw it in some zip lock plastic bags? Or plastic storage containers with lids ? How about vacuum sealed? What do you use?
Have ammo but no sling yet. Was supposed to be delivered today, but mail truck just drove on by. Hopefully tomorrow.
Thanks

· Registered
633 Posts
Most of the clay ammo I have is kiln fired and has a coating or shell on the outside so I wouldn't think that humidity would do much too it. I live on the prairies where humidity is low so not a problem for me, but if you live on the coast where humidity is higher, maybe. I would in that case use ziplock bags and/ plastic containers with lids. I hope you get your slingshot soon.

· Registered
77 Posts
If yours are kiln fired, I don’t think you’ll run into any issues regarding humidity. I’ve found old baggies of clay ammo hiding in my basement that were still fine after being stored poorly for years. Lol. I’m not a very organized person when it comes to my slingshot stuff, so I’m constantly finding the odd baggie of ammo or something like it. Haha!

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the recommendations. I got my Scout LT today. Got it banded with the bands that came with it and flung 6 clay balls at my burn barrel out back. I haven’t cut the bands for my draw length yet, plus it’s like 30 deg out. And sun is down. Out of the 6, 5 hit the barrel at about 30 ft. It felt really really good to have a sling in my hands again. It’s been like forever since I shot last when I was a kid. Looking forward to getting this dialed in.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aaaaand…. I just now realized I should have ordered some extra band sets to be used with clay. I have the SS general use ones now and left them longer than my 32” draw calls for. Slightly overpowered for clay but I found the way I hold it with basically my hold hand fingers out, (off the sling) I don’t get the minor hand slap I know should be there. Live and learn. I put a dozen more shots to my target and put 8 in a 6” circle from about 30 ft. Not bad. I’m impressed!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts