Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I read here somewhere an idea to add friction to clips like those used on scouts?
Anyone know this mod
idea please?
THX
ukj

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I find I don’t need to add anything for the flip clips if they rest in a band groove. But if I did feel the need, I would just use a small piece of flatband between the bandset and frame for traction. I have a frame with completely flat attachment clips and I have to do exactly this to make sure they don’t slip out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
An extra piece of flat latex under the clips sounds like a good solution to me... maybe even a piece of thin tube latex?

What bands / setup are you using and getting slippage?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
You could always try the tubing and test it to make sure its working safely for you.
The setup for the frame with flat clips is just 3/4” straight cut bands. Not sure if it will show up clearly in this photo but you might be able to see that this frame doesn’t have any grooves so the little piece of flatband worked for me.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could always try the tubing and test it to make sure its working safely for you.
The setup for the frame with flat clips is just 3/4” straight cut bands. Not sure if it will show up clearly in this photo but you might be able to see that this frame doesn’t have any grooves so the little piece of flatband worked for me.

Did you design and make that frame?
After many shots with Cheap China Scout copy in abs find screws loosen just a tad and bands slip also
not to much. I now check all screws often.
I used thin round file to roughen slot
in fork end, done with care to not change measures. Did same with clip half round. Seems to add enough friction grip for no slip.
ukj

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Did you design and make that frame?
After many shots with Cheap China Scout copy in abs find screws loosen just a tad and bands slip also
not to much. I now check all screws often.
I used thin round file to roughen slot
in fork end, done with care to not change measures. Did same with clip half round. Seems to add enough friction grip for no slip.
ukj
No I didn't design it but I did request custom dimensions and materials for this one. The design itself is still a PPMG+.
If your modifications give you any concern, perhaps consider trying the FlipClip X from Simple-Shot on your Scout clone. Get a Scout LT while you are at it! ;) I have never had an issue with any Simple-Shot clip backing off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts