Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I received a sample of Clod Poppers to try on a set of Saunders Black Mamba bands. They shot more accurate than I would have thought and it takes a fairly hard hit to explode them. I think that they would make a cheap fun ammo to shoot. I would recommend a lighter set of bands if you plan on shooting them a lot to reduce hand slap and also lengthen band life. Here was my test set-up!

Brown Luggage and bags Bag Fashion accessory Strap
Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Office supplies Wire Event

Attachments

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Accuracy of the "Clod Poppers" is top notch, and they're reusable when used on soft targets e.g. corrugated cardboard with an old bath towel placed at the back.

Indeed, they will not necessarily shatter when hitting a tree or other similar surfaces (ricochets :hmm: ), albeit that this does depend on the distance involved.

Good fun ammo, that's for sure.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Nice little write up Tex, quick question: what have you got attaching your pouch to your band set there? Quite interesting looking!

Reactions: Island made

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice little write up Tex, quick question: what have you got attaching your pouch to your band set there? Quite interesting looking!
Saunders bands come with the pouch attached. This is their attachment method. I am not sure how the pouch is attached.
It is looped through and glued. There bands are double length so they can do this. When I use there bands with my pouch, I also loop them through, but I tie them because my pouch has round holes and the ties hold the fold proper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts