Slingshots Forum banner

Cocktail Cussing Mother Scratcher!

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  MOJAVE MO 
#1 ·
I dropped more F-Bombs and S-Bombs and G-Bombs and E-Bombs than I have in some time making this thing.
Can somebody explain to me why in the cheesewizz do some of you make Cocktail Sets? I see amazing sets by Bushpot Chef, and Covert5, UKprelude made some doozies too.....
Why on Earth do I want to make another one of these?? You Rubberband Jocks are killing me with your skills!!
I used 2040 tubes and a mystery rubber flat set that I had in the box via a trade. It is a 7.5" overall length for a 34 inch draw. I am seeking some extra bang on my PP Topshot hunting rig. That and I really wanted to see if I could make one. My fingers will forgive me in a day or so, maybe!
ae2db3138da03074d979fd1ae727c95a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Not bad at all for your first set Mo! These suckers can be a pain to tie in the beginning, but for me tying a perfect set of them is part of the joy of using them - I suppose its like guys who tie their own fly fishing kit. One piece of advice I can offer is to find the natural curve of your tubes and let that dictate how you loop them, forcing them into an awkward tie will always produce crooked loops.

Should I do another tutorial on cocktails? I've been meaning to do a cleaned up one explaining how I tie mine but didn't think anyone would care lol.

#8 ·
Not bad at all for your first set Mo! These suckers can be a pain to tie in the beginning, but for me tying a perfect set of them is part of the joy of using them - I suppose its like guys who tie their own fly fishing kit. One piece of advice I can offer is to find the natural curve of your tubes and let that dictate how you loop them, forcing them into an awkward tie will always produce crooked loops.

Should I do another tutorial on cocktails? I've been meaning to do a cleaned up one explaining how I tie mine but didn't think anyone would care lol.
I was gonna YouTube first but Daniel Boone didn't have no YouTube! Now that I am closer to recovery I'll do some surfing! [emoji856]

#10 ·

I would like to see your cleaned up vid on tieing cocktails :)

#12 ·
I remember way back, a member from Germany came up with the idea to use up used tubes and flats that were too short to use by themselves. I don't know how long ago that was but I posted a set on page 1 of "what are you shooting today".
I don't know why you would tie them unless you were short on elastic.

That white is Sumeike. It came on the backflip that I sent.
Oh yeah........ One of your pouch ties are backwards. LoL

#13 ·
I remember way back, a member from Germany came up with the idea to use up used tubes and flats that were too short to use by themselves. I don't know how long ago that was but I posted a set on page 1 of "what are you shooting today".

That 'short on elastic' crossed my mind because C5 made a set a few weeks back for that very reason. Bushpotchef is holding back because he makes these sets actually on purpose!!
Indeed I notice that opposite pouch tie that triggered my OCD. I didn't tie this set so I actually told myself that the previous owner tied it that way on purpose. At this point this set seems like a good thing to send to somebody else to test shoot!!

#14 ·
I like to use these because it makes it quick and easy to install flat bands on ringshooters and other slingshots with quick attach slots for looped tubes.

I keep all my broken tubes and flats and can make a bandset the proper draw length out of the shorter pieces. I hate to throw anything away. Since the tubes I shoot are mostly 1632s or simple shot extra small they seem to be a little easier to make cocktails with than 2040. Like I said, I am going for the quick attachment benefit, not power.

#15 ·
This thread is awesome hahaha... @MOJAVE MO you're funny man, I just got used to tying these suckers after a while because I couldn't get enough heat out of almost any set that I made even tapered sets of cold weather elastic - it was rough as shooting gum rubber and stones. So I decided I'd tie something that was as smooth as I could get it and shoot it instinctive - which has worked out awesome for me. I took a squirrel yesterday with a marble to the *body* from like 40' - 50' and the weird part was he just stumbled around punch drunk for like 10 seconds before he dropped. When I skinned him out the boiler room was just a mess. I was stunned how much damage it did for not having penetrated, the little guys ribs were mashed potatoes.

As an aside, The 1632 can be a dirty cocktail mix, I've run them (3.5" loops) with Precise banana yellow in 3/4"-1/4"x 6.5" works great with 3/8" steel and smaller it sends 6mm steel like a MISSILE.

@raventree78 I'll do that if for noone else but you, although it may be a pic tutorial as my YouTube channel has been a pain lately.

#17 ·

Alright. For whatever it is worth, and 15mins more cussin' and mumblin' I got it looking like it should. It'll draw to 34" but I am convinced it is going to break loose and rip my face off. I'm going to keep it on standby and see how it goes with the .038" lead buckshot I'm going to cook up in a week when my mold gets here. That is of course any of you ladies wanna give it a whirl! [emoji38]

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Alright I made a little video describing how I tie mine to have 'cuffs' and be really secure. I really hope I can get some guys on board with these things and see why I go to the effort of tying these at all lol. Just have to get the video posted and I'll put the link in here, computers being a pain at the moment.

Reactions: MOJAVE MO
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.