Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been wanting to see if my shooter could rip through a coconut similar to Jorges Impressive Video. With some trepidation I set up a coconut against my back fence being carful if there would be a shot that might return nothing would get hit. Got my Pickle Fork Shooter equiped with the bands that I rave about and I let er rip first with 3/8 steel ball and then with 5/8 marble since these are two of my favorite shots. If you look closely at the exit side of the 3/8 you will see the steel ball because at this point is where it was resting against the picket of the fence and even the fence board had a dent otherwise the steel ball would have kept going. The 3/8 steel did not move the target at all. The 5/8 marble spent a greater amount of energy on the target actually plowing through and spliting the target and causing it to move out of its place. This experiment was performed at a distance of 15 feet. Made both shot Butterfly Style.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
I think that slingshot's really incredible; pound for pound a real performer.

I'm just worried someone from Homeland Sercurity or the NTSB will see this and we'll all be flying without elastic in our boxer shorts.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
I think that slingshot's really incredible; pound for pound a real performer.

I'm just worried someone from Homeland Sercurity or the NTSB will see this and we'll all be flying without elastic in our boxer shorts.
Lol!

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i wonder if that little thing could take someone out
I have some 26 gage metal roofing left over and I am going to see if at 10 feet if 3/8 steel can pound through it. This is some hard heavy stuff. Perhaps I will be disappointed. But, a coconut is very hard maybe like bone and it had no trouble going through both sides and I did try it again with 3/8 without any back stop and it just kept going. So can it kill. I just would not want a 3/8 steel ball penetrating my brain. Thats all.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have some 26 gage metal roofing left over and I am going to see if at 10 feet if 3/8 steel can pound through it. This is some hard heavy stuff. Perhaps I will be disappointed. But, a coconut is very hard maybe like bone and it had no trouble going through both sides and I did try it again with 3/8 without any back stop and it just kept going. So can it kill. I just would not want a 3/8 steel ball penetrating my brain. Thats all.
[/quote]

wait so it went all the way throught both sides?
if thats the case then yeagh its definately deadly
i though it got lodged in one side
and the skull is harder (yeagh thats why i questioned it)

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[/quote]

wait so it went all the way throught both sides?
if thats the case then yeagh its definately deadly
i though it got lodged in one side
and the skull is harder (yeagh thats why i questioned it)
[/quote]

In the video stills you see upon enlargment the steel ball is evident. The coconut was resting against a pickit of the fence the shot went througn the coconut and put an imprint on the fence board and rested at the edge of the broken shell. The second test I did was with no back stop at all and the steel ball could not be found.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.