Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
aka CYBORG
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived today from Dankung - 123 grams of POM coffee colored frame based on the X6 platform, which I'm becoming a fan of. Ergo, tube grooves, comfortable.

Ordered on the 13th, arrived on the 31st, free shipping, for 12 bux.

DK is really expanding their line - check out the HQMM Slingshot section

Attachments

·
aka CYBORG
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DK also sells this model in stainless, it's called the Antelope. Mine is a knockoff of that from Ali-Express - same stainless frame minus a logo. My only crit is they are a tad heavy, noticeable but not uncomfortable.

This POM version eliminates that nit. Tomorrow I'll tube it up with 1632 singles because I'm an old man. Even unbanded, it's a delight to hold in the hand, like picking up an ultralight pair of shoes.

Polyoxymethylene - amazing stuff.

Reactions: Tag

·
Italian Match Lighter
1,292 Posts
Nice.
For those who buy something from China on these days:
Dankung wrote me that cause the g20 summit in China all the shipping will increase a lot the time to arrive

·
aka CYBORG
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice.
Dankung wrote me that cause the g20 summit in China all the shipping will increase a lot the time to arrive
So the question becomes - how much is a lot :uhoh:

·
Italian Match Lighter
1,292 Posts
Nice.
So the question becomes - how much is a lot :uhoh:
Nice question! I don't know.
They talk about hard control on the flight until the end of g20 on september 5th...bbut don't know how many delayed all the shipping...
This is the original message:

"Please wait for final delivery.
As The G20 summit of world leaders will be held in China soon, the Air security has been very tough and takes a little of more time than before."

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've gotten a few Dankungs and the problem with them is that there is no elasticity to the tubing. You have have to use all your might just to pull the tubing back a few inches. So when you order it, order some tubing also. Bummer.

Brad

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I've gotten a few Dankungs and the problem with them is that there is no elasticity to the tubing. You have have to use all your might just to pull the tubing back a few inches. So when you order it, order some tubing also. Bummer.

Brad
I often receive double 1745s on my DK frames. Far too much draw weight for me. It simply convert the same tubes to pseudo-tapers and make a new 2-hole pouch. The tubing is fine.

·
aka CYBORG
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Brad
Those near useless included tube sets have always bugged me too, I don't even save those 4 hole pouches anymore. My wife uses the tube sets to tie back the curtains on the patio, lol.

Like many, over time I've accumulated several grades of tubing and pouches and make up whatever I need for my current style of shooting - fun, inexpensive and just part of the game.

·
aka CYBORG
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've lobbed about 100 shots onto an empty 5 acre lot near me.

Snapping elastic against this space age plastic feels slightly different than releasing on stainless. Not that it flexes, it's just a very different set of molecules than stainless, not better or worse - just different. It reminds me of the subtle differences in bicycle frame materials.

In the past, I've shot flat stainless DK frames which want to twist in your grasp but this fat ergo grip is a big improvement in that area. Also, this stout little frame is smaller than it looks in the DK pics.

The ear diameter is 20% larger than I'm used to and my one inch tube loops seem to rotate better on slippery stainless. There's ample room for any thumb brace - the extra diameter works well for that - and pinch is equally comfortable. POM seems skin friendly, you like having it in your hand. The pinky hole will only accept a pinky, while the stainless X6 allows pink, ring, and lanyard comfortably.

Visually it's a real delight - the sculptural aspects are muscular and excellent, and the not stirred coffee color makes me smile. There are faint contour lines about 2 mm apart at the waist and an equally faint seam or parting line around most of the whole. I want to find vids on manufacturing POM products.

So 24 hours in, I like it - I'd buy it again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.