Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know heat and sun is bad for bands. But how about cold weather shooting? With the bands heating up from being shot and then cooling off quickly, that can't be good for band life can it? Is winter shooting a bad idea?

Nick

·
Super Moderator
6,602 Posts
Hi Nick,
I never have a problem with cold weather shooting except the cold slows the bands down a bit and your fingers do get a bit cold. I never experienced problems. I always pre-stretch the bands a few times before I shoot when it's real cold. Flatband

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Nick I think cold weather is a relative term, when I lived in Minnesota cold was 30 below, now that I live in NY cold is around 20 above...I haven't been shooting long (this time around) but here in NY and with Flatband's wonderful bands...( nice plug..Huh??
) I haven't had any problems, now how they would hold up in a Mid-West cold snap I have no idea but I probably wouldn't be out shooting in one either...

·
Super Moderator
6,602 Posts
Hey Harp, I never shot in 30 below! Good God Bud that must be a treat! The bands must just crack!
Flatband

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Hey Harp, I never shot in 30 below! Good God Bud that must be a treat! The bands must just crack!
Flatband
Yeah and you're luck if your fingers don't crack with them.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Thin rubber shoots much better that thick in cold weather. Tubes shoot real slow in cold weather. As long as it is not below freezing the bands should hold up well. Tex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts