Do you think it can be done
yes I think it can1794.44%
no its not possible00.00%
Your out of your freaking mind15.56%

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right now its just a idea in my head to combine the comfort of the gloveshot and the potential of the combow sling. I have outher ideas poping in my head as I'm writing this but not enough to start a build. I could really use suggestions and advice from all the great people of the forum. I'm no over night wounder like Georg so when I'm ready to start this project it may take me a wile to get it done.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
do you mean something like this;
I think he thinks about something like the design in my attached pic.

This will work, just make sure the rollers are long enough so the bands will glide on easily. Also the slight forward extension of the band attachment is needed to avoid contact with your hand or the frame.

Good luck

Jörg

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
Here's the original Com-Bow for those unfamiliar: Com-Bow. I initially pictured something like this (top 2 pics) but with a gloveshot as a base, instead of the pistol grip/wrist brace, but what Joerg pictured seems more practical.

Btw, I voted yes, but I also think you're out of your freaking mind (not just for this, but in general).
(joke)

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I may well have lost it your not the first to say so. Jeorgs drawing is a direction I have not fully concidered but gives me a new direction. I made a new sling this morning angling the forks to my draw (read about this in anouther post)think this might help. sorry if this souns off been

·
Banned
22 Posts
the "com-bow" itself looks pretty homemade, its definitely possible. in my opinion the combow's only added benefit is the increased length of pull as a slingshot. but that alone would be worth it. build on brother, build on.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Daveridesbikes.
Nice avatar, sling bow and video. Well if my Com Bow Sling looks homemade that is because most were made in a home garage , shop . Thanks to this topic maybe I will try to experiment with it. As that would make it more compact. I think Tex shooter mentioned that several years ago. Thanks for your comments. Robert Blair

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
Right now its just a idea in my head to combine the comfort of the gloveshot and the potential of the combow sling. I have outher ideas poping in my head as I'm writing this but not enough to start a build. I could really use suggestions and advice from all the great people of the forum. I'm no over night wounder like Georg so when I'm ready to start this project it may take me a wile to get it done.
i have been thinking about this myself, since the flatstrap shooter is similar i will share my thoughts, first and foremost you have to be very confidant in your skills with your method of shooting! plus your bands would take a different than pouch arrangement, it would take 2 maybe 6-8" tubes, and the tie between both bands would be a good maybe 2" of similar to bow string. to nock the projectile. i have been looking at larger carpenters nails, the idea is to at a forward angle just maybe 1/4" behind the head of the nail cut out maybe 1/3 of the depth of the nail as a nock, make aerodynamic fletching out of duct tape. you would nock the projectile in the cut out, and draw from behind the fletchings, so it would be energy forward starting at the tip of the nail, but i cannot endorse my idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts