Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folk! I found time to finish another slingshot. Main frame is laminated with oak and zebrano pieces. This zebrano wood is very cool, it have very strong velvet effect. Oak part is stained with two stains (chocolate and dark red). Sanded town to 2000 grit and oiled with linseed oil. Hopefully you like it.
Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys :)! Your words make me happy. :bowdown: :imslow: :wub:

·
Super Moderator
6,676 Posts
Mr Shark has now turned a corner. These "pieces of 8 "that he produces can no longer be considered slingshots. They have graduated to the super high level of Fine Classic Furniture. Unbelievable work Buddy! ( You know I'm a huge fan of yours ) Bravo!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mr Shark has now turned a corner. These "pieces of 8 "that he produces can no longer be considered slingshots. They have graduated to the super high level of Fine Classic Furniture. Unbelievable work Buddy! ( You know I'm a huge fan of yours ) Bravo!
Hey mate, they still are slingshots :), but I really like your comment.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is beautiful! I do not know how you make a slingshot that pretty. If I owned that I would just hold it all the time.
Its called staining art, I use 2 or some times even 3 different tone stain, every coat I sand bit down, to bring up wood grain (oak have those very nice bright lines inside the wood). And when its finally oiled, its get own small velvet effect :).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts