Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Love me some slingshots.
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hats off to you Jon , looking good(y)
Aluminum not very nice to them drums . You have local place get them ? I get 1.25 and 3/4 ones but that’s it and Amazon you need to get all the sizes and that sucks because only use 1.25 and smaller
It's not nice at all bro. I get my packs from Menards they run like 8 bucks for all of them. I use all of it haha

·
Registered
Love me some slingshots.
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aluminum not very nice to them drums . You have local place get them ? I get 1.25 and 3/4 ones but that’s it and Amazon you need to get all the sizes and that sucks because only use 1.25 and smaller
Also you can use sandpaper and zip tie them around the drum size you need. Works good enough lol

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Also you can use sandpaper and zip tie them around the drum size you need. Works good enough lol
Never thought of that ! My problem is the 1/2 inch one ya don’t use it much but handy for the smaller frames the bigger drums hard keep ‘em tight always want to ride up . I crank them down to the point I think I am going snap off the threaded part but doesn’t seem to matter

·
Registered
Love me some slingshots.
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Never thought of that ! My problem is the 1/2 inch one ya don’t use it much but handy for the smaller frames the bigger drums hard keep ‘em tight always want to ride up . I crank them down to the point I think I am going snap off the threaded part but doesn’t seem to matter
It works lol it's pulled through for me more than once. How do you fasten it down? I always use a smaller washer with a bigger one up top it's really pushes on the drums and keeps them locked in!
Automotive tire Bicycle part Carbon Rim Tire

·
Registered
Love me some slingshots.
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just actually got new inserts my 3/4 one in tough shape and I think why the drums not lasting so good . But it’s like twice the money to get just the one I need ! So I got a pack of them more crap to find a home to store Amazon sometimes make me scratch my head
Looking good buddy. Those look full size. What do they measure tip to tip?
Thanks Joe! The fork width is 75.7mm or 2.98in on this one and 111.3mm long or 4.39in lol tips are 16.1mm or .63in lol I hope this helps with size

1 - 20 of 37 Posts