Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I started with a piece of cardboard and a penile and started drawing different shapes, cutting them out, and trying to imagine what they feel like in 3D. I messed with the proportions and the designs and came up with some really goofy stuff at first. When I got down to 4 I liked, I cut them out of pine and gave them a feel in my hand and my kids gave em a test. I temporarily attached some week tubes just to give us an idea how things would work. Now I'm down to 3 I like.

It's funny how other designs come into play even if you don't try to emulate anyone else's stuff. When form dictated function, sometimes things come out similar. So, excuse the similarities.

These are two of the three I'm gonna try out. The two are for my kids and were designed around the width of the board I had and my kids hands. These are going to be in purple heart. The picture doesn't do the wood's color justice. I'm going to try out something different with these. Lets just say they will be able to handle fork hits without any visible or physical damage.
If I don't cut them out tomorrow, I probably won't until I get back from vacation and the (mystery) lamination will be done tonight. Oh the other one is going to be in some kind of dark exotic woods laminated together. I just laid it on the purple heart for fun.

Making these slingshots has been allot of fun with my kids. I'm glad they are old enough now to learn how to make stuff and truly be interested in it. It was my little one that gave me the idea how to protect the forks.
This is a fun hobby. I just wish I still had all the power tools I use to have. Maybe I will get some more as my girls get older.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, update:

If I had to charge for these I would have to charge a fortune!
It pays to have a proses and the correct power tools for sure. It's OK, I'm having fun! My hat is off to you all that make these for a living and charge so little for such good quality!

I think I'm done until I get back in two weeks. I will take pictures to chronicle my effort.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
OK, update:

If I had to charge for these I would have to charge a fortune!
It pays to have a proses and the correct power tools for sure. It's OK, I'm having fun! My hat is off to you all that make these for a living and charge so little for such good quality!

I think I'm done until I get back in two weeks. I will take pictures to chronicle my effort.
...and so the addiction begins!

Power tools are not required... they make it easier but not necessarily better. I too agree about the effort to monies ratio... Hard to put a price on heart and soul isn't it?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, it turned out like the Element, but allot bigger. The other looks similar to PS-1 but the contours and handle are different. Also A+ would have to call it a PS-.5, because it's allot smaller to fit my girls hands.

You can't tell that I'm influenced by the sling shots I like or anything. It's hard to scrub the brain and just make something that you think would work. Anyway this is just for fun. My next is going to be a metal creation made for speed. More of an experiment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.