Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I am a cabinetmaker by trade. The other day I had a couple hours to kill in the shop and shaped my first slingshot.

I was looking into flat bands and came across your site...lots going on here so I thought I'd get you to critic my design. It seems quite different from most i see here and I hadn't thought out exactly how I would attach the bands. I have an idea after looking around here.

Anyway, fire away...

Attachments

· Super Moderator
10,906 Posts
I like the look of it. Looks like it will sit well in the hand for hammer grip shooting. I prefer much shorter forks so there is not so much torsion on the wrist. But perhaps it is best to start long and see how you like it ... it is easy to cut a bit off til you find what suits you, but pretty hard to put it back after cutting it off!

Cheers ....... Charles

· Resigned
1,382 Posts
That's exactly what my daughter said!

I was thinking of a pistol grip and wanted to give it some "shape". I'm not sure of how shootable it is, but I too like the look of it.
i think it will shoot just fine.. i might make the ears a bit shorter but i like the look of it, so leave them. it doesn't have to shoot well when it look so good.

Attachments

· Registered
140 Posts
Simply beautiful!

But watch out for a breaking fork, it could snap toward your face at breakneck speeds and take out an eye. I'd insert a metal rod through the length of the forks, just to be sure. (Should be easy for someone with your skills and tools.)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.