Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mother In Law lives on a steep hill, which makes it nearly impossible for her to get up and down the steps. The paper boy barely gets the paper to the bottom sidewalk, so sometimes she doesn’t get the paper until one of us gets it for her that evening. She called the newspaper office and asked if he could throw it up on top of the hill!!! 15ft. They replied that they would talk to him???? His reply was, it says in their rule book, the paper must be left on the addresses sidewalk???? one morning a construction worker seen the paper boy drop the paper on the sidewalk. He had seen my mother in law outside, so he knew she was old and couldn’t navigate the steps. The construction worker walks up to the boy and suggest he throw it up on the top sidewalk. The boy responds, they don’t pay me enough to throw it up there???? From that day on the construction and garbage workers have thrown her paper up, and or taken it up to her porch❤???? I got a chance to talk to the paper boy, and I had two things to say to him. I asked him what would he think if that was his Mother???????? I then asked him what would he think if he went to a restaurant and his meal was half cooked????. He replies that’s their job to prepare the food correctly. I then tell him, maybe they don’t pay them enough. A gentleman named Rico mows her hill and clears her sidewalks in the winter. We pay him, and at Christmas we give him a small token of our appreciation. I asked the garbage man how did he start carrying her garbage can up the steps. He replied she brings a cold drink and home made baked goods out every so often. Reminds him of his grandmother.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
There are some good people out there. Before my father in law passed away, he get up at 5 every morning and walk the neighborhood and throw everyones paper up on their porch.
One morning he was held at gun point for all his money, the pinheads were caught shortly afterwards but empty handed cuz the old boy had his sweatpants, no wallet.

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Not to advocate violence to kids, but my dad would have slapped my left ear out through the right one and asked me, "Are you being paid enough Now?" :nono:
You nailed it! Dad's can't and or won't do that now days.

Kids used to even police their own, we had a pecking order. If a kid was bigger than you and you didn't show respect, you got popped.... just cuz!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.