Slingshots Forum banner

61 - 80 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
I wanted to take a moment to assure you that we are listening to all the feedback

That being said, this site is supported by ads. As you already know, that’s how we keep the lights on around here.

As it turns out, servers, bandwidth, security, and maintenance aren’t free. ;)

Although the site will remain free for members, there is a premium option available for those who may be interested.

- Cricket
Yup, I'm seeing adds, very annoying... And yes, I'm a paid member also, so loosing 25% of the page to adds really needs to stop. This is just a standard format forum now, I really liked the colors on the other one because white doesn't come close to being easily looked at like the other forum. The color of the page and text was one of the main reasons that I chose to become a member of this forum. I don't have the time to hit a bunch of forums, so this one is it for me and the color made the difference.
Thanks,
Reed
Screenshot_20210610-101257_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
244 Posts
Apparently is was broke and we just didn't know it;) I dislike change as much as anyone but it's just an internet message board , hardly worth stressing out about..

·
Registered
189 Posts
24 hours in and I’d say I’ve got my head around it.

Once I’d figured out where everything was and how it’s changed it’s pretty much the same with better graphics and some new features.

Need to check it out on a desk top and see what that’s like compared to a mobile.

·
aka CYBORG
1,947 Posts
First day impression - I'm not liking this. My bank just switched to this hot new style in the IT world - most everything was on one page but now I have to click on a single subject to open that page. I'm not opposed to change but overall, I don't think this is much of an improvement - simple is smarter.
With one or two exceptions, I miss seeing a poster's location under their avatar. Ditto badges.
And again, what happened to the 'Recent Status Update' feature - an interesting chat function.

Are you looking for new unread posts?

How To Find New Posts

Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts.

On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics. You can also mark all as read.

- Cricket
No, you're not understanding my question. In the old format, there was a section titled 'Recent Status Updates' - a small but convenient chat function, often off-topic, that was a shortcut to a full on post. And you haven't addressed the locations and badges issues.
Also, consider adding a 'dislike button' ... a cut the crap response, bc some posts are unreal Pollyanna brown-nosed sickening.
I'm not getting any ads, prolly bc I pay 12 bux every December for a basic membership ... actually a good deal for the expanded mail box feature and no insipid advertising. Wise up cheap screws! But with these imposed IT annoyances, I'll have to evaluate whether the juice is worth the squeeze ... I'm too old, ornery and been in too many rodeos to make nice on these forums.
On a personal note - no opinion is humble ,,, a humble man doesn't declare himself humble.

Reactions: Port boy

·
See The Target
21,318 Posts
Another thing I notice is that our past reputation is gone . By this I mean the number count of the " Likes ". Members that have been here and active for years have accumulated quite a few . It only makes sense that previous profile statistics should carry over . What happened ? 11 1/2 years of forum reputation gone ! Starting from day one now ??

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Yes, I'm a paying or supporting member also, so please get rid of the advertising that I have already paid to stop...

First day impression - I'm not liking this...
I'm not getting any ads, prolly bc I pay 12 bux every December for a basic membership ... actually a good deal for the expanded mail box feature and no insipid advertising. Wise up cheap screws! But with these imposed IT annoyances, I'll have to evaluate whether the juice is worth the squeeze ... I'm too old, ornery and been in too many rodeos to make nice on these forums.
On a personal note - no opinion is humble ,,, a humble man doesn't declare himself humble.

·
aka CYBORG
1,947 Posts
Mercy, just checked my profile - I'm no longer listed as a member, only registered. So half of what I paid has been wiped out and a 'Premium' membership costs $19.99 a year. Not me ... besides, ,95 or .99 pricing is SO corporate lame.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I can't tell yet but I presume that I will get used to it. I had to change my password to login as the new site would not accept the old user name or pass word , or something. But here I am so all's good.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Took me a bit of time as well but once I realized I could set favorites on the area's I like I was all-in. Now I get a quick view of what's new on my favorite topics and the blowgun Forum is right there on top with them so I don't have to go to the very end and drill down to find it.

As someone once said, "the only constant is change."

Cheers

·
Mojave Mo
4,653 Posts
I rarely give an opinion about something I don’t like. I am that person that walks out of the store and never goes back again. With this Forum update I spent maybe 10 minutes on the sight instead of the 3 hours that I usually spend, so that gave me time to do three loads of laundry and a more minutes to shoot my slingshot. First on my list is to revisit what I am getting for my 99cents a month that I pay to this Forum. Funny I thought being a VIP Member would be cool and I looked at the 99cents as throwaway money and as a ‘thank you’ for having me. Now all of a sudden I want something out of this. Suffice to say that anytime a system, or a commission plan, or a company or government strategy is overhauled, updated, and improved it only comes down to make more money for the organization. History will show you it never ever boils down to making it ‘better for the people’. Just imagine if every member of this Forum paid 99cents a month to the corporation that owns this place. That is Twenty Grand a month to make sure nobody says the word ‘shit’ and that we all play nice. I’ll hang around behind the curtain and see how this all shakes out. It has been a fun ride so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Neophyte
1,958 Posts
It is a change and my first instinct is "oh no change" but I will change, adapt and over come :)

·
Administrator
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Another thing I notice is that our past reputation is gone . By this I mean the number count of the " Likes ". Members that have been here and active for years have accumulated quite a few . It only makes sense that previous profile statistics should carry over . What happened ? 11 1/2 years of forum reputation gone ! Starting from day one now ??
I am looking into this. I will update you when I know more.

Edit: Update. There is already a ticket for this. I am hoping to see this resolved soon.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·

·
Banned
629 Posts
Can you contact me by private conversation so I can look into this? When was your last payment?

- Cricket

WOW! You don't know who your paid members are?

This Sucks...

just wondering who else thinks the forum changes are crap and have just made it harder to navigate through this website if it aint broke dont fix it .

It is all about their ability to sell advertising due to OUR traffic.They needed a modern platform to launch the barage of slick sdvertising. If they needed a new server to keep the old site going we could have all pitched in to accomodate. But that is not what they needed it for.

Apparently is was broke and we just didn't know it;) I dislike change as much as anyone but it's just an internet message board , hardly worth stressing out about..
If asked, I am sure we would have taken a collection to buy them a new server, but that is not what this is about.

It is a change and my first instinct is "oh no change" but I will change, adapt and over come :)

Why should We change when it is our traffic that makes Them money???????

I didn't know the site was broken .....
They needed updated servers and site template to accomodate modern advertising techniques. They make money off our traffic.

STOP moving my post around. This is two days now you are doing this. Do not do it again. Please realize without folks like me you will not sell advertising. You need our traffic.

Any Questions?

Repeat after me. This is for the people. This is for the members. This is because you 'all' asked for this. This is to enhance the user experience. This is so we can justify increasing the member pricing at the end of the year. Now let's begin again with some FEELING!!.....oops, hang on a second. I got an Ad pop-up from Walgreens for a sweet BOGO for some Vitamin S.....I'll be back.:rolleyes:
Tell it like it is!

61 - 80 of 124 Posts