300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A comparison of Old v's New.

A Blue Skeen Natural:

Original post here, courtesy of Flatband: Blue Skeen Lichen Encrusted Natural

A Chinese slingshot rifle of 2021.
3x9x40 Hawke vantage scope.

Rufus Hussey bands sets.
Pure Gum Rubber-1/16" thick-Straight cut 16"s long (before tying)
Pouches -Brown ( Old Shoe Tongue leather was a favorite) minimum 1/16" thick semi stiff- with dimensions of 2 inches by 5 inches
8 mm hole punched for band-set back from pouch edge 3/8" to 1/2". After tying there should be 3/4" tab or "Wing" left over.
Bands tied onto frame with number 64 rubber bands
Most often Rufus used soft cotton string ( meat or Butchers twine) for pouch tying- sometimes he would also use thin rubber bands.
Rufus favourite ammo was good sized rocks about the size of a Ping Pong Ball-( Dang!!!)

Original post here, courtesy of Flatband: A Big Rufus Hussey Fan!

Chinese slingshot rifle bands sets.
1mm Sheshou guru, 50mm x 19mm. 135mmx500% 675mm draw.
S165 pouch. 2.1mm microfibre laminated pouch. 65x18x15mm. Holes are 3mm.
1.5mm crystal thread tie in thread.
Shooting a (G100) 8mm steel ball at 116m/s 380.56ft/s

Very interesting to see how far we have come.
Salutations

·
See The Target
21,436 Posts
Does the rifle perform as well for you as demonstrated in the video ?

·
Konrad
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeh, not perfect. I have hit a coke can at 55 yards. I have a big thread under other weapons section.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The rifle is not really a slingshot, just like the compound is not really a bow. Now, the natties shown are true slingshots.

Joe

·
Konrad
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It's awesome. Very different. The stuff I had to find this morning you would never use on a hand release. PTFE (Teflon) with wax for the pouches. Amazing. I was not interested in a hand slingshot. But the performance is identical in the hitting performance.

There is a massive similarity. The Latex, the tie ins, the pouches etc. This is the place where I learnt how to make all the things I needed to save $$$ and DIY the stuff myself.
Soon I post a DIY laminated pouches thread, Save you all a lot of money. Don't worry, I have paid enough to work it out. Enjoy.
frisky, your on my ignore list. (n)
Salutations Konrad

1 - 12 of 12 Posts