Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have attached rollers to the compass slingshot design.

But this time, I went all the way - I attached rollers at the top AND the bottom of the frame, adding more than 30 cm (12") of rubber! This is so much that you have to pull out a bit in order to move the pouch over the top of the forks... but the result is worth the efforts, a ton of power in a small frame.

I even made the bottom rollers detachable, so if you need a compact slingshot, then you can simply shoot it without the draw length increase.

I used tiny ball bearings (inside dia 8mm, outside dia 12mm) for the pulleys, those are from RC cars... They work really well.

I am pleased with the way it came out!

And here is the video:

Greetings

Jörg

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Yeah, you should be proud of that slingshot!!! ZERO DEAD RUBBER! The baddest slingshot ever! I wonder how much more that tree can take! Ha!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello

Great slingshot! Are you able to shoot it sideways like the chinese people shoot theirs? In your video I could not understand what you said about the band size , is it not as wide as the hunterbands ?
Did you measure it with a chrono yet? Are you plenning to ?
Thanks ;Jaydee

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Smaller isn't really possible, this is already as small as can be. The rollers need to run parallel to each other, that is the problem.

I can shoot it sideways, just fine.

The band issue: My band is 50% longer than the band Fish uses (20cm vs. 30cm). Hence, if I would cut the rubber with the same width as Fish does (2x3 cm fork, 2x2 cm pouch), then I would have to pull a lot more rubber (50% more), which would lead to 50% more draw weight. A bit on the tough side, even for me, especially as I wanted to pull this out to the limit.

I wanted the same draw weight as the Hunter, which I think is a great setup. So I had to cut the rubber more narrow in order to pull the same amount of rubber.

But of course this slingshot is more effective at the same draw weight, simply because the acceleration phase is much longer.

The slingshot gains between 15 and 20% in speed over conventional frames with the same draw weight. Max values aren't yet possible, it is still too cold.

Regards

Jörg

·
Super Moderator
6,511 Posts
I saw the video Bud=AWESOME!. A real effective use of rollers in a compact design. NICE! Flatband

·
Registered
316 Posts
All Joerg's slingshots are beasts.. He said in the safety post he got eye damage from a band snap.. I'd dare say for the rest of us, a band snap from a Joerg sling would be decapitating.

Nicely done Joerg.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, the new design simply stores more rubber, so there is zero dead play.

Hard to say which one I favor. I guess I like all of my slingshots.

Jörg

·
Registered
8 Posts
How much Joules does it have?
Haven't clocked it yet, and since I am in Vegas right now (business trip), I won't be able to do that soon. But the speed is awesome.
[/quote]

It's not so bad. Maybe you can clock it later, lets have a look then if you've broken the record again!

Oh well, and enjoy your free time in Vegas of course

1 - 17 of 17 Posts