Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago we "upgraded" our computer / TV / home security service. New high speed modem, etc. Ever since it has been all screwed up. Now I can't get into my e-mail and it keeps jumping from my WiFi to another, which means my printer will not print. My passwords do not work so, I made new passwords which worked once or twice and then didn't;,

The only good thing is that I can still get sign in the the Slingshot Forum....

COMPUTERS DRIVE ME CRAZY!!

GP

·
Trying to find my way.
399 Posts
:yeahthat:

I like to say that the best remedy for irritating technology is the same remedy used for a horse with a broken leg:

Just shoot it.

And remember, if at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.

:stupidcomp:

·
Konrad
344 Posts
Grandpa Pete, I have a bit of programming experience, I taught my dad and mum the basics of using a computer.

1) buy a usb hard drive (thumb drive) a couple actually. put one away so if you get a fire.

2) Passwords and usernames need to be exactly the same (like a pin number is for your bank), make a text document and save the details there. Once you have done this never change the contents unless you change Username and password. Make multiple copies to the USB thumb drives. (or write them up with a good old type writer and put them away in you papers.)

3) Usually there are tutorials on Youtube, example, google "how to setup and use computer / TV / home security service", "How to setup and use a printer".

The internet is a amazing resource, example: I have used a angle grinder since I was sixteen, never had a problem (I was a plasterer, cutting channels for steel wall frames and suspended ceilings) and I thought I knew enough but I decide to watch a professional training video on Youtube, Boy did I learn something. when that blade disintegrates it can hit you like a bullet, even my 70 year old father learnt a few things.

At first it is hard but over time and perseverance it changes your life. I was studying Technical support and Technical writing with programming also. I am 44 and have been using computers since I was 8 (36 years experience).

If you have any questions send me a message and I will see if I can help.

Salutations Paul.K

Sorry just noticed it is a year old. If anyone else needs help sent me a message.

·
Premium Member
11,330 Posts
Life is full of humor, just look for it. One of my best friends is 80 and he has a sense of humor that is awesome. One morning at work my friend seemed a little down, so I waited a little bit before I tested the waters. He’s pecking on the keyboard trying to put his password in, when all of a sudden he looks at me and says (fix this %#&#% thing) I go over to his computer, and he tells me to put his password in. Yes we knew each others password in case we forgot‍♂ Small town living Anyway I start typing in his password and he says (You’re no smarter than me) I asked what was I was doing wrong. He says look where Im typing, it only shows ******* ‍♂ I looked at the boss and said, you tell him‍♂

·
Premium Member
11,330 Posts
Thanks Paul, I definitely can use helpful information like this. I just bought a picture keeper to put my pictures of the nieces and nephews on. I’m old school, so Icloud doesn’t mean squat to me. It’s not like holding a negative or the actual picture, but I’m learning

·
Konrad
344 Posts
He hehe :p that is funny Tag,

My pleasure.

sometimes there is a little eye icon that will show you what you are typing

https://www.google.com/search?q=password+eye+icon&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBAU894AU894&oq=password+eye&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l6.8647j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

check this link to see that google search and you will see what I mean.

Google "file operations copying pictures to a thumb drive" or "working with picture files" to edit them. You need to specific in what you search for, :thumbsup:

PK

·
Konrad
344 Posts
Tag,

Thanks Paul, I definitely can use helpful information like this. I just bought a picture keeper to put my pictures of the nieces and nephews on. I'm old school, so Icloud doesn't mean squat to me. It's not like holding a negative or the actual picture, but I'm learning
Cloud computing is remote computing. You are using a computer that is elsewhere, It becomes a periphery of yours or a auxiliary. It can be used for storage of files or processing (boost your performance for gaming, edit files). When they say you are uploading your files to the cloud that is transferring files to a remote computer for storage.

Sorry to repeat myself but if you have a problem be fanatically accurate with your input in your search engine (google, yandex, bing) example: how to use a picture keeper

Result in google: https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+use+a+picture+keeper&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBAU894AU894&oq=how+to+use+a+picture+keeper&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l4.5679j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

click on this above or type how to use a picture keeper into google, one of the things that google will show you.

How Picture Keeper Works!

Others you may need. How to transfer pictures or photos from my phone, digital camera to my pc, or laptop.

How to transfer my pictures to a usb drive.

It must be like learning another language. I am sorry I know it is tough, but when you get the hang of it whew. I got rid of my TV in 2003 and listened to am radio for ten years. Then the internet took off with Youtube and stuff like this. Excellent, so much information for all manner of practical and wholesome knowledge. I have flown virtually with people who bombed the Ho chi minh trail, shot other people down, had them crying for help (in a virtual environment :panic: :rofl: ) saw, the streets of New York, LA, St Petersburg, (Google maps, street view) checked out fishing spots, found my slingshot rifle and Compound Bow, taught my self how to shoot my bow thru Youtube, so many things.

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz - Ace In A Flight - Skirmish (Spitfire Mk.Ia) [E]

Not me just a example

Hang in there mate. Paul :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.