Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that some frames don't have flat fork tips but concave. The Scout is an example, as is the Proshot PSTS which has a more extreme concave shape.
Is this purely for aesthetics or is there some other reason to build a frame this way?
I find it is easier to aim with flat forks, but it's ok either way. Just wondering.

·
679 Post Club
3,015 Posts
The idea is that the curve pulls the bands into a consistently central position when drawn. In practice I don't think it makes that much difference. Something else has to be wrong for it to matter - bands not tied evenly or centrally - frame held at an angle - bands not drawn evenly...

Most of my older frames are made with concave tips, but my latest one doesn't and it hasn't affected anything.

·
Super Moderator
6,185 Posts
I do find some frames need them more than others. Just helps locate the bands so they consistently pull from the same point.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I liked concave fork tips when I started. I was using chained rubber bands, cutting my tying groves too low on the forks, and likely shooting with very poor technique.

Reactions: Tag

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
I shoot pfs and made some convex fork tips... they seem to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts