Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have been in a physical conditioning program now for years whereby I have now devoloped powerful muscles that enable me to sit for hours and do nothing. After getting back into slingshot shooting I have to contend that my conditioning program was not conducive nor supportive of slingshot shooting. I hold the fork with my right hand and pull with my left. My left shoulder is sore now and limits the movement of my left arm. Is there something I can do to help that or should I just keep shooting till I get used to it.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
I have been in a physical conditioning program now for years whereby I have now devoloped powerful muscles that enable me to sit for hours and do nothing. After getting back into slingshot shooting I have to contend that my conditioning program was not conducive nor supportive of slingshot shooting. I hold the fork with my right hand and pull with my left. My left shoulder is sore now and limits the movement of my left arm. Is there something I can do to help that or should I just keep shooting till I get used to it.
You need to sit and be fit. Get a tubular band with handles that you can do shoulder exercises. You can sit and put the center of the band under your feet and do repetitions out to the side out to the front and straight up like a military press. 15 to 20 minutes each day will make you more flexable and your strength will increase quickly. And when your strutting your stuff with your new shoulders the ladies will no doubt be swooning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts