Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
I bought from dankung a nude cougar abouth a month ago and absolutely appreciate it. Beeing a fan of dankung's changing rubber sistem I can fit the same fork with various tipe of bands and tubes depends if I am targeting or hunting. Plus I find Jorge's desing extremely neat and absolutely erconomic despite the cool look. But, else if I have done some victims meanwhile, I cannot get use to the size wich is way over my abitual forks. So I have stollen, just for my needs of course, the design (hope not contrary to any policy
) and had a carpentry redo it scaled to 12,5 cm tall 5 inner fork widht. Beeng cutted frome crude stainless steel with a wather cold cutting process it seems sanded and I am in the duty of polishing the ears and round a bit the corners. But I will let the rest matt so everyone can distinguish it from original.
Double thank to Jorge

Attachments

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
I think this is what a forum is all about. Sharing ideas freely so others can copy and even improve upon ideas to further the evolution of each idea. At least that is what I use it for. If I don't want something copied, I sure won't post it on a public forum ! So as far as I'm concerned, if it is posted on a public forum it becomes public domain.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yes, I too thinks so and I also know that herr Sprave does not have any incom from his hard work on catty. But just to be shure I did not simply copy the Cougar but bought one frome the official chinese reseller. I did know befor buyng it was too big for my habits, but only after I have done one my way. So I sincerely hope any rights is preserved.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Since a slingshot is still basically a forked stick no matter what bells and whistles you put on it, how can there be a problem as long as you don't try to pass it off as something it's not. Slingshots seem to be a evolutionary animal with very few totally original ideas, everyone's designs are built on or based on something that already exists, going back to that original forked stick.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Since a slingshot is still basically a forked stick no matter what bells and whistles you put on it, how can there be a problem as long as you don't try to pass it off as something it's not. Slingshots seem to be a evolutionary animal with very few totally original ideas, everyone's designs are built on or based on something that already exists, going back to that original forked stick.
I totally agree with you. Several times I have made the comment "It is just a slingshot" because there is only so far to go with a forked stick and something that propels ammo by stretching an elastic of some type. I like to play with different ideas as a fun hobby type activity, but it is still "just a slingshot" or "blowgun" as the case may be. I'm here to have fun and trade slingshots, maybe sell a few, but collecting is the real fun part. Getting a slingshot from each member of our forum is cool if you ask me.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my sleep is ok. also because this little "cat" shoots like a helle. Had 5 ferrel pigeons in a few hours

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I gave the design for free to Dankung, why shouldn't anybody else be allowed to use it as well?

The only thing is that (if you count your own hours), the Chinese can probably make it a lot cheaper...

I am actually proud that you like my little design so much that you adopted it for your own project. Thanks!

BTW, Dankung will probably also offer a smaller version. Seems like there is much demand in China, but their average hand size is smaller than ours... and my hands are big by any standard.

Regards

Jörg

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi jorges, I am glad of your's appreciating. I had supposed Tim from dankung was preparing a smaller cougar, but was also anxious to try one myself. The carpentery office near home did the job in few hours (they only need a good draw or a godd flat pictures, and can cut quite every kind of shapes, just digitalilizing it , I often aske them parts for my motorcycles) and I had some fun in polishing it, but not so hard: few sand papers sheet, some elbow oil, and a dremel did the job. As for costs, considering the run of the Usd over the euro, it was very cheap: about half of the original price with shipping. Here is how it come out. I also choosed 7 mm thikness to maintain the feel of sturdiness.

ps I have polished only the ears because whanted it to be a little different from original, and also like the crude steel appearence.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts