Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to congratulate Skipman aka Ian Jones on winning the British Field Sports Society, Catapult Championship, at Chatsworth Country Fair on Sunday Sept 4th 2011.

In a hard fought battle, Ian beat Mr Moxon, the winner for the previous twelve years, in a five target shoot out.

Ian was using his Dankung Sniper purchased from www.Catapults.Co

Ian has only recently started shooting slingshots but in the last year has arranged a number of "get togethers" and even persuaded the landlord of his local pub to install a catapult range! It looks like dedication pays off.

Congratulations also go to Mr Glaves who came third also shooting a Dankung Sniper purchased from the same UK supplier

download 1.jpg download 2.jpg

Attachments

·
Resigned
1,071 Posts
Brilliant news Ian,Sorry i didnt get chance to contact you,been very busy over the last few days.
Will meet up at the pub eventually.
Well done.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good one Skipman - its great to see a member of the forum doing the business, especially one who has been so active in promoting the sport.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Hi Ian well done mate same as Spanky will have to meet at the pub one day.I went to the show on satuarday and the guy on the catapult stand talked very highly of you!
think you left a good impression there all the best and well done Pete

·
Resigned
1,071 Posts
Yes Pete
Thats a good idea,We can all meet at the pub.
Ian can give us some shooting lessons,luckily i dont need drinking lessons-pretty good at that already.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Yes Pete
Thats a good idea,We can all meet at the pub.
Ian can give us some shooting lessons,luckily i dont need drinking lessons-pretty good at that already.
See you Friday Spanky

·
Registered
91 Posts
thankyou steve spank pete all the rest of you pete keith told me about catapult you gave him (nice one) he is a good bloke.steve thanks( www.catapults.co ) for all the help over the past dont know how long. mr moxon who has won it for years god he is the dogs ! and did not know about this site (now he does) hope to hear from him soon .god i was very nervous felt like i had got 3 lots of black solid rubber when i was pulling back. cud not keep my hand still shaking to much. but good catapult kept me in it lets all get out and get more into this fantastic sport .all the best to all

·
Philly
2,595 Posts
Congratulations from the other side of the Pond, Have a beer for me guys.
Philly

1 - 19 of 19 Posts