Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Fellow Shooters,
Hope your beginning of 2022 is going well.
I noticed I have been constantly missing my target to the left 1 or 2 inches from about 13 yards away. Not 10 out 10 of course, but at least 4 out of 10. Short draw, cheek bone is my "anchor point". OTT frame, I hold it "horizontally". What shall I do about this consistent missing to the left thing?
Thank you and happy shooting
Alan

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Dear Fellow Shooters,
Hope your beginning of 2022 is going well.
I noticed I have been constantly missing my target to the left 1 or 2 inches from about 13 yards away. Not 10 out 10 of course, but at least 4 out of 10. Short draw, cheek bone is my "anchor point". OTT frame, I hold it "horizontally". What shall I do about this consistent missing to the left thing?
Thank you and happy shooting
Alan
If you hold the slingshot in your left hand you could fliping your slingshot forward upon release.

Another thing could be your release is inconsistent.

Sent from my MAX_10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Possibly your eye is not directly over the pouch and you're looking slightly across the bands rather than straight down the band length. Try bending your neck sideways a little bit (canting neck), towards the pouch. This will help put your eye over a bit more. This works for me.

Another possibility is that you are moving your frame hand left during the release. Focus on pushing the frame towards the target and follow-though.

·
Registered
598 Posts
That's not a bad miss from that distance. My guess is as above , collapsing your hold hand. Try following the shot with the hold hand all the way to the target.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The same thing happened to me but to the right shooting TTF and holding the slingshot with my left hand.
I have practically solved it by very lightly supporting the hand of the pouch on my face.

Your case is different so listen to advice from the experts here. And do a lot of tests.

I was surprised how a slight change in posture/grip/release influences the trajectory.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts