Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time again for a Bark-On Natural Contest!

I'm one of those fellows that likes the occassional natural that has some bark still left on it, and Tag, liking them as well, has agreed to join me in the running of a building contest for the nicest natural that still has some bark left on it.

RULES:

The contest starts right now and will run for two weeks ending Monday December 17th at 12:00 noon Pacific Standard time (Seattle, USA).

The only requirement is that it have some bark still on it.

The slingshot will be judged on it's overall look and design and how the bark is incorporated into the slingshot.

The whole point is to encourage us to look at the forks we cut from time to time and begin to see some of them in a little different way.

There will be two prizes given out. Tag hasn't revealed the prize he is offering but you can always trust Tag. Me, I'm a little different. I go at things a little oddly so I'm offering something a little more interesting. I have recently received a shipment of kangaroo "pouches" from Australia so I am offering a kangaroo scrotum ball pouch with a magnetic dispenser. It hangs from a lanyard around the neck. As weird as this sounds I am personally convinced that they are the best slingshot pouch system available for 7/16 inch (12mm) steel balls. They are absolutely quiet and the next shot is right there to grab. You have always wanted one you just didn't know it.

For those that haven't seen a bark-on here are some of mine from the old days. As you can see you can go anywhere with them. Good luck and have fun.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For those of you wondering what the prize might look like here is a pic of my own kangaroo pouch. I've used it for years. Pouches have been my thing for a long time. I've made many through the years and I have used all kinds of materials; leather, boiled leather, horn, wood, cow hoof, etc. and about half of them have had some sort of magnetic feature to secure and prep the next ball.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay, so the Ballchinian won't be motivated. But don't count yourself out Ukprelude. If you can find the time (I want to think it took a long, long time for you to find the Ballchinian) for research perhaps you can carve out an hour or two over the next bit. I'll keep hoping.

winnie

·
Premium Member
9,883 Posts
I won that awesome prize last time and I got to say it's handy as pockets on a shirt. It also got me hooked on 7/17 steel. After the last competition I kept building and came up with this bark on torque (kind of).
I thought this one was worth showing. Count me out this time Winnie

Attachments

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.