Slingshots Forum banner

Continued giving through the year

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  High Desert Flipper 
#1 ·
I was impressed with the giving spirit on this forum through the holiday season. With the season of giving fading into the rear view mirror I am hoping to do my small part to keep the spirit going through the year. For my part, I have a few slings I am not making much use of so I will de-clutter my garage and hopefully convert them from dust collectors to active frames. A wide variety including some off beat frames. It's been a fun year trying out various frames. Now that I have settled on a few regulars it is time to let some of the others go to homes where they will be used.

Rather than selling them, I will ask that whoever claims them will make a small donation to a local charity (food pantry, shelter, public school music or sports program, animal shelter, or similar) after they arrive and are verified to be in good working order. All are offered up as frames only- no bands. I also have some assorted pouches (very small or very large) and some random tubes and flat bands that were sent as extras from slingshooting.com- things I didn't ask for and don't have a use for. I don't know how to describe the tubes other than large, and the flats look like generic straight cut (I haven't opened either package). No brand name or identifiers that I can see on the tubes and bands.

Let me know if interested. If there are multiple people interested in the same frame within the first 2-3 days I will find a fair way to declare a recipient.

And apologies to those from other places, with shipping costs being what they are I am limiting to those in lower 48 of the US. If somebody from outside the US is really interested and willing to cover the shipping let me know (I expect buying these retail is probably as cheap or cheaper than covering my shipping).

The frames:

Simpleshot Hammer with wrist brace and clips. Very lightly used. I got this thinking I might try it as an arrow launcher but got back into building bows before I tried it for arrows. I did use it a bit as a slingshot and found I am not much of a hammer gripper. If you are curious or know you are a hammer gripper, this is a great chance to try this frame out. It is a well made frame, just not for me.

Slingtech Coyote. A pretty average HDPE TTF frame. Pretty similar to the Pocket Predator Sideshooter in shape and dimensions but in a nifty black and yellow color. Moderately used. I enjoyed this one a lot and it suits my hand size and shooting style very well. Only letting it go since I have a few others I like better ahead of it which leaves this one collecting dust more than spitting out ammo.

Simpleshot Torque. Well used and well liked. The Torque has generated a lot of interest and maybe a bit of a cult following. Frame only, no clips. I enjoyed this one a lot, but like the others above, am not using it much now. Nothing bad to say about it, just have found others I like better. If you have been curious about the Torque here is a chance to give it a try.

Saunders wing. Frame only, will need to order new clips for it (clips needed to attach bands for this frame, available online from Saunders). An outside the box frame that is fun to shoot and maybe the ultimate hand web supported pinch grip frame. Well used and enjoyed a lot. If you have been curious about this frame, here is a chance to try it. I did have a lot of fun playing with it, but again, I have settled on a couple of favorites and this just isn't getting used very much.

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Nice gesture HDF and , even though we're in the same vicinity , I'll pass on the opportunity since I seem to be making frames as fast as I can try them , although that Coyote is temptingly similar to one of my favorite creations. BTW , the offer on bow strings is always open.
Awesome and I really appreciate it. The bows are taking some time to make- I am getting about one done every month or two. As I get a few more coming along I may be in touch for some strings- really appreciate it!

#14 ·
Nice gesture HDF and , even though we're in the same vicinity , I'll pass on the opportunity since I seem to be making frames as fast as I can try them , although that Coyote is temptingly similar to one of my favorite creations. BTW , the offer on bow strings is always open.
The Coyote is still here. How about a trade? I am planning out my next bow and already have the board. It will be ~45lbs and will use a 61" string. I don't think I will have it ready for about a month, but would be happy to swap the Coyote for a 61" string. And if you don't find yourself using the coyote much you could simply pass it on again after that.

#15 ·
The Coyote is still here. How about a trade? I am planning out my next bow and already have the board. It will be ~45lbs and will use a 61" string. I don't think I will have it ready for about a month, but would be happy to swap the Coyote for a 61" string. And if you don't find yourself using the coyote much you could simply pass it on again after that.
You have a deal!! Do you reinforce the tips? If not , I can do b55 flemish or endless loop , 12 strand should be enough. Flemish will give you a bit more adjustment on the brace height. I also have d97 if you are adventurous but I'd play it safe myself.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
You have a deal!! Do you reinforce the tips? If not , I can do b55 flemish or endless loop , 12 strand should be enough. Flemish will give you a bit more adjustment on the brace height. I also have d97 if you are adventurous but I'd play it safe myself.
I have been reinforcing the tips with phenolic and have started using D97 strings- no problems with the bows after ~500 shots and I am really liking these. Before that was b55 before that and it was great but the D97 is a noticeable step up.. Flemish is great if you can do that- I do like the adjustability since I never seem to get the nocks dead on for length.

If you send me your shipping address in a PM I will get the coyote off to you by early next week at the latest.

HDF

#19 ·
Is there a feedback thread on this forum? Would like to leave some glowing feedback for HDF for the deal we did. !

You can either post something on this thread or start a new one in General Slingshot Discussion

#20 ·
Is there a feedback thread on this forum? Would like to leave some glowing feedback for HDF for the deal we did. !
I think I got the better end of it, really appreciating the beautiful bow strings you sent. Especially when all I wanted to do was give some old frames new life in new homes. Thanks so much and happy shooting!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.