Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love targets for some reason. Picking out cool targets is like buying new frames, almost.

I just bought the coolest life-sized rat target from eBay. It's for rifles and is 3/8" of tempered steel. I'm going to paint little red eyes on it and then shoot the crap out of it.

s-l1600.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been enjoying this also. It's a walking target. You throw it out at unknown distances and try to make it bounce along. This is just a cheap one. It's a little thin. They make thicker ones:

s-l1600.jpg

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've been enjoying this also. It's a walking target. You throw it out at unknown distances and try to make it bounce along. This is just a cheap one. It's a little thin. They make thicker ones:

s-l1600.jpg
I tried 3 different thickness. Only the thinness one can roll over upon hitting. My ammo size is 8mm. But I don't think with 10mm one you can walk the other thickness.
It's really funny to shoot this target. You can try to control its walking direction by hitting left or right half of the circle.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know I might be telling you things everybody already knows, but I thought I would mention another target that's rugged and cool: The self-setting target. This one, you set up and hit the lover targets first. They swing up and lock. After you knock them all upright, you hit the top target and it drops them all down again.

I set up my ground targets under my trap, which I have up on a table. I put a broken, large-screen TV in front of it and covered it with a blanket. It makes a great ground-stop. All you have to do now is put down a large rope, or a couple of 4X4's in a V, to stop the ricochets.

By the way, to see this target in action, look up the You Tube video where Catapult Carnage tests the PPMG. He uses one and it's cool.

OSA005123-4-sunnybuyv.jpg

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Those are really cool targets! I especially like the rats. Having those unique targets can really liven up a practice session! I used to try and shoot chalk with a pellet rifle when I was a kid. Way more fun than tin cans.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just wanted to update.. This is "Boris Ratinoff." Here he is posed with the mannequin Pam, I inherited from my aunt (Hey, I live alone, OK).

Boris is so cute I almost hate to shoot him... almost.

Don't you love the gleam of malevolence in his little eye?

49060542_10217391336679501_1229768030129

1 - 11 of 11 Posts