Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a dankung, I quite like the look of them. I'm gonna order some extra rubber but would like to know the differences.

ok. heres the choices:

I'm after an average power, don't want a super dooper strong one but also don't want it too weak.

Max

·
~Pouch Maker~
15,272 Posts
4 strands 1842 ---> 6kg pull
4 strands 1745 ---> 8kg pull
4 strands 2047 ---> 10kg pull
4 strands 1949 ---> 12-13KG pull
4 strands 2052 ---> 15KG pull
8 strands 2040 ---> 12KG pull
8 strands 1842 ---> 16KG pull
8 strands 1745 ---> 18KG pull

I prefer 1745 can use for 12mm steel balls, also 1842

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Yeah. Sorry. I forgot to type the decimals.

BTW, that diagram misses one thing. The hole's never exactly in the centre. For some reason it's usually off to one side. Intuitively (not based on measurement), I think that if the hole is eccentric, then the draw strength might be different. Perhaps that's why the data shows different draw weights per strand for 4 versus 8 strand bandsets.

4 strands 1842 ---> 6kg pull (1.5kg/strand)
8 strands 1842 ---> 16KG pull (2.0kg/strand; +33%)

4 strands 1745 ---> 8kg pull (2.0kg/strand)
8 strands 1745 ---> 18KG pull (2.3kg/strand; +25%)

Then again, perhaps it's down to how long the bands are tied and how far they've been drawn when the draw weight was measured.

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Dan, that last post was very useful. Thanks. Do you happen to know if the Ther-Band tubes are eccentric as well?

I know you meant it as a joke, but I am making a visual chart, like eyeshot did above
I wasn't joking. The hole's not quite centred.

I don't know about Thera-band tube though. I haven't looked closely at any, but I'm told they are made to close tolerances.

·
Super Moderator
5,251 Posts
Dan, that last post was very useful. Thanks. Do you happen to know if the Ther-Band tubes are eccentric as well?

I know you meant it as a joke, but I am making a visual chart, like eyeshot did above
I wasn't joking. The hole's not quite centred.

I don't know about Thera-band tube though. I haven't looked closely at any, but I'm told they are made to close tolerances.
[/quote]

I have Theraband yellow, red, and green plus two sizes of no-name tan surgical rubber. None of them are perfectly concentric nor have perfect surfaces.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.