Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple of fun, interesting naturals I made in the last couple days.

The one on the left is made like a gloveshot, sort of. Now that we are using light draw bands, butterfly style, well there is no need for a wrist strap or anything. I am going to strap this up with some single-layer Tex Shooter bands and stretch it out.
. This is my solution to the problem I have with hitting my hand while butterfly shooting (hope you're reading this, Darrell).
Once I shoot it for a while, I will let you know how it works out -- I hope I don't blow it up, cuz it's kinda pretty, I think. Even considering the awful jigged effect I tried to impose on the handle to make it more grippy.

Here's how I hold it.

The other one is a really really small plinker for my shirt pocket. But I am gonna make it a gypsy rig when my hands feel better. It will be small but it will shoot a nice set of 4-strand chinese tubes nicely I'm sure. Which means that in the hands of the right marksman, it could take small game -- again, the closest I can come to dgui's latest no-fork powerhouses.

imagine it with tabs on it... pretty good size. At least as small as I wanna go

Thanks for looking. Hope you like them.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
bill those are sweet
i for real like the small one a lot
i had a weird fork like the other one i was gona send you
but said naa to sideways to funny
great job the small one is cool

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Nice work DH, I am partial to the small pocket shooters for hunting as well.
Philly

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
Like the guy behind the bush said..."very interesting"! I like them!

·
Registered
349 Posts
that small one is just one of a kind! it´s great to play whit a small pocket shoter, isn´t??

·
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. I will keep you up to date on both once I get the tabs on and start shooting.

·
Super Moderator
6,967 Posts
Hey BIll, you put that pattern on the small horizontal hold frame? I thought it was carved up from an antler! Looks very similar to my old Stag Handled hunting knife-very cool!! Flatband

·
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, Gary. It an attempt at what they call "jigging". Dan "ZDP-189" knows how to do it right. Actually this side shooter looks a lot nicer than the pics, it has a very silky look to it. I tried to make it look a little like a polished bone antler. Wish I knew how to do it right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.