Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are two new shooters I made Yesterday. Thought I'd bring 'em to school for show and tell.

Attachments

·
Resigned
946 Posts
Two outstanding slingshots, I really like the one on the left. If you go into production
I would like to add one of these to my collection.
Martin.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
great looking slingshots there Smitty no. 2 definitely my favorite

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they are nice! looks like gum rubber. what wood is it?
Yes sir it is gum rubber from Bunny Buster and pouch. The finger grooved one is made from two half inch plywood cuts laminated together. It is 7/8 inches thick.
The pocket shooter is made of 3/4 inch solid oak.

·
2,153 Posts
Two outstanding slingshots, I really like the one on the left. If you go into production
I would like to add one of these to my collection.
Martin.
Thanks for the vote of confidence Martin ! I'm going to start some real production tomorrow. I've got a dozen laid out and ready to cut first thing in the morning. Maybe we could trade slingshots?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,508 Posts
Couple more for the growing collection! Nice Bud! Flatband

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys for the comments. So cool being a member of such a great group of people !

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Fabulous work Smitty. Are you weening from the bent rod/tube shooters, or just maintaining balance?

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just maintaining a proper balance because I don't want to just shoot the bent metal stuff with tubes all the time. These flat band slingshots are just too powerful not to love shooting them. I have to replace my targets quite a bit more when shooting flats, they just tear them up. The Chinese tubes seem to be a lot smoother shooting, probably because they are slower and I am usually more accurate with them, but I am most familiar with tubes, because that is all I've shot for decades. The only flats I ever shot was from inner-tubes rigged on pecan tree naturals that my uncle made us when I was young-(er). It was just last year when I found the slingshot forums, that I was introduced to real flats by Tex and Flatband. The speed was a shock when I first shot them and I really had to get used to the flatter trajectory. I bought some of Tex-Shooters' field bands and fell in love with them. So easy to pull with amazing speed. His pouches are really great too. I am shooting the last of three I got from him.

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I couldn't wait, so I went ahead and cut out six before hitting the bed for some sleep.

Attachments

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Those are looking mighty fine Smitty!!! I like the one on the left. I reminds me of one of mine a little bit, if it was stretched some. Looks like it would be a good shooter. If you ever fancy a trade let me know as I'd be interested.

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Those are looking mighty fine Smitty!!! I like the one on the left. I reminds me of one of mine a little bit, if it was stretched some. Looks like it would be a good shooter. If you ever fancy a trade let me know as I'd be interested.
Oh yes I am interested in trading for slingshots from different forum members, that is the biggest reason for making these. They aren't made of multiplex, because I can't find any in my small town. I just bought the best looking plywood the lumber yard had. I bought oak plywood before and had to toss away about half of the slingshots I made because of voids in the wood, so I won't be buying that stuff again. The man at the store said this was great plywood and would have very few voids in it. I have cut out a dozen and found one tiny spot I had to fill on the edge with wood putty.
I have six ready for final sanding and six waiting on the router, so we'll see how they turn out. I'd love to trade for slingshots for my collection!!!

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Oh yes I am interested in trading for slingshots from different forum members, that is the biggest reason for making these. They aren't made of multiplex, because I can't find any in my small town. I just bought the best looking plywood the lumber yard had. I bought oak plywood before and had to toss away about half of the slingshots I made because of voids in the wood, so I won't be buying that stuff again. The man at the store said this was great plywood and would have very few voids in it. I have cut out a dozen and found one tiny spot I had to fill on the edge with wood putty.
I have six ready for final sanding and six waiting on the router, so we'll see how they turn out. I'd love to trade for slingshots for my collection!!!

[/quote]

Sounds good to me!! Just let me know what you might like from my lineup. Let's do it!!! I love adding and shooting new friends slingshots to my collection as well. PM me with what you like and your address.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts