Slingshots Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the grocery store, sort of wish I hadn't. There was a lot more like this but here's a few I snapped while I was walking around - hopefully they get restocked soon. God be with you all.

C9FE592F-676B-4CBB-A41F-48BA1CCA889C.jpeg
B665CA94-6218-4A5F-87AD-1E47D718440A.jpeg
8C0B549D-8F09-44DE-91B0-CC4536029927.jpeg
0B2314D1-CC0E-496A-A88C-3A9F528E5F4D.jpeg
2395568C-2E3B-437A-9A4F-FA11B39F3BEA.jpeg
D1E45776-A153-4832-A1FB-CE39E298A861.jpeg
7C99AA6B-7432-4F67-9B64-10A066B505A9.jpeg
62AC1AEE-B6A1-4AFC-AD11-A6EFDE8B44BC.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MF's are losing their minds! They need to turn off the news channels and act normal again!
Yeah man it's pretty insane, like I'm not worried about the virus it's just the pandemonium created by these cell phone zombies that's concerning. I forgot to take a picture but I had to grab my cats the last of two bags of economy (crap) cat food because almost ALL the dog food & cat food was gone, almost all the canned dog food & half the canned cat food. A friend of mine works with the company that owns the 2 of the grocery chains in my area & apparently this is all to do with having a shortage of drivers. But she said the company has it well it hand they've been having meetings about this since halfway through January apparently.

Time will tell.

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Partial lockdown where I am. Two weeks stuck at home. We saw this coming so we gradually built up stocks of what we need and didn't have to meet with 600 people to fight for toilet paper and groceries ... Still, a lot of dumb selfish people around but a lockdown will flush out most of the sick without affecting too many more... Hopefully the curve flattens...

Malaysia had a sudden spike in cases... a few hundred jump in days because of an event where 14,500 people held hands, shared food off the same plates and camped together for a few days... and they haven't even tracked down all of the participants yet... sigh...

·
Super Moderator
6,185 Posts
Here its kinda the same. The basics are continually being swiped from the shelves as they land. So isles have great empty sections. You can tell what the locals eat. Things like remade 'junk' food don't get taken and more expensive bread. Here its bread thats become the sore point. Most shops can't keep up with demand.

Toilet paper has actually worked out fine. I got enough for the 2 weeks - though with the kids it may be touch and go :)

Not sure if the lockdown is working - PT has 445 confirmed cases (and 1 death) so far. It was doubling daily up till the lockdown started - but its down since. Around 100/day (I think) - though I'd assume that more people would be showing symptoms post lockdown. Interested to see if this will drop right down towards the end.

Most shops are closed - and the ones that are open have active shopper limits. Beach along with surfing etc. all been banned - and due to risky Spaniards (continually popping across) think they have now closed the borders. Still quite a few tourists about. But generally its a bit ghost town out there.

·
Amateur
2,571 Posts
We went to the store to get cat food and fill prescriptions on Monday. There was plenty of human food available, but fresh meat and frozen pizzas were mostly cleared out. Overall, I feel like rural america is staying a lot calmer and handling things better compared to the larger and more densely populated cities. It's times like these that I'm glad I quit social media and stopped watching news years ago. Ok, so I still use a few forums to keep up with hobbies but no SnapFace or TweetBooks or any of that for me. I'm still going into the office everyday as well, even though I have the ability and permission to work from home.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
We've officially started closing stuff down here in KY. No school for 2 weeks, all restaurants and bars are closed for the most part, many churches closed as well. The grocery stores all look like BushPotChef's pictures. My only concern is dog food. My pup is 13.5 years old and on the way out. Today I went to get some food and all they had were a couple small bags of premium food, $23 a bag! The panic buying is an inconvenience, but it's really hurting some people. My friend was at the grocery and a woman was crying because she couldn't afford to buy diapers and formula for her kid. Turns out the only stuff left was the pricey name brand goods and she just didn't have the money to cover it. He helped her out, but it really highlighted how our actions (hoarding food and products) can effect our neighbors.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
It's amazing to me how many people don't know what a pantry & chest freezer are about. We grew up buying on sale & rotating what we ate by the expiration date, never ran out, or dangerously low on supplies. I stopped at the local grocery the other night to pick up some cottage cheese. it was odd seeing all the empty shelves in the main part of the store & yet the "organic" sections shelves were full.

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
What is burnin' me is a meeting we just had. I have moved to the Tarheel State where Don't Tread On Me is tattooed on every forearm. Yet this organization that just brought me out of retired to 'secure' their facility has just overruled my recommendations to keep their people 'safe' but saying, "Let's just keep moving forward and wait until the GOVERNMENT tells us what to do." Say WHAT??!??

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Schools are closed here and most non-essential retailers are shut. I work for a large retail company and we are home (Fortunately with pay!) for at least the next two weeks. People are being civil to each other for the most part but buying everything they can. It's so absurd and really makes you think about what would happen if our supplies were actually compromised. There is a good chance that we will be directed to shelter in place within the next 24-48 hours. I'm fortunate that my wife is chef and culinary arts teacher, so she knows how to keep us supplied and can turn a pile of seemingly worthless ingredients into something delicious!

·
Super Moderator
6,185 Posts
We went into full lockdown yesterday. Stay of emergency declared last night... Everyone is confined to homes unless for illness testing / shops / Hospital. For 15 days (with ability to be renewed for further 15 days indefinitely or until risk abates.

Have had the kids at home under soft lockdown the whole week (on my own) - so parenting and trying to get work done (luckily I can work from home - however work has suddenly become quiet, really hope it picks up or things will start to get difficult financially). There is talk that the situation could easily pul into June...

Have done a few shops while was able - have enough food to last out the period - but will have to get creative with making it taste exciting.

Schools are sending school work over various messaging apps - and they're keeping busy - soldiering on considering they haven't left my small apartment in over a week.

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,232 Posts
Ya, for me tomorrow is the last day I can go to work and finish things up, talk to my guys, have them sign up for unemployment while we go through this in Los Angeles County. I'll be calling the SBA to help get my company through this trying time for sure.

I can still go outside to walk the dog, get groceries and that kind of stuff. I will go to my little market and pick up anything I may need, but I think I'm pretty good.

Most likely I will go home and set up my target and shoot a little bit to help get over what will be a very, very busy day. I'll shoot some 5/16" steel or maybe BB's ... we wll see. Was hoping to go out to the desert to shoot, I probably could, but don't know if I really want to until I get clarification if hiking and that kind of stuff is OK, I'm sure it is, but better safe than sorry.

This is just a crazy time, but just think of what folks went through in WW1 and WW2 ?

Talk at ya later,

wll

·
Neophyte
2,005 Posts
The stores in my area are fairly well stocked, just don't know how long we will have access to them. I was able to pick up things yesterday and all so we should be ok, just hope this trying time doesn't last too long.

Be well everyone and be kind if you can.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
BTW... I suppose most of us on lockdown will be tinkering with some DIY or a build or three... Just wanted to remind everyone to be extra-careful using your tools etc.. you can take your time with the builds anyway. Now is not the time to need the ER... Take care and stay safe...It's getting serious where I am and people I know have tested positive... too close for comfort!

1 - 20 of 221 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.